Arizona Western College (AWC) was established in 1963. It is a public community college situated in Yuma, Arizona, United States.
AWC offers lectures in San Luis, Somerton, Wellton, Dateland, and La Paz. Arizona Western College provides for the educational needs of the people in Yuma and La Paz counties; it offers over 100 degree and certificates programs across 11 locations.
The main mission of the college is to provide quality education to the people of Arizona through systematic and innovative techniques. Arizona Western is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in nursing program of the School has been fully accredited by the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission since 1970.
The nursing program at this school includes a 10:1 student /faculty ratio, and a 12-bed nursing skills laboratory that permits students to practice their nursing skills in a controlled environment before testing those skills in a clinical setting.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree program is a two years program. Graduates of the associate of applied science degree program are eligible to take part in the NCLEX-RN and apply to become a registered nurse at any state that accepts NLNAC accredited programs.
Total Estimated Cost of AWC Nursing Program IS $8,445
In order to be eligible to apply for the AWC Nursing Program, the student must:
- have completed the following prerequisite courses: ENG 101 and BIO 201
- be eligible for MAT 142 or approved higher level math course
- have an overall GPA of 2.5 or greater
- have a reading score of 80 or higher on the Computerized Placement Test (CPT-R)
- current and unrestricted Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) on the Arizona State Board of Nursing (AZBN) registry
- meet the HESI Admission Assessment (HESI A2) requirements: scores of 75% or higher on Math, English Language Composite, and Science Composite
- meet the English language skill requirement if the primary language of the country, in which the prior education was received, is a language other than English
Requests for admission by Licensed Practical Nurses, transfer students, or students requesting re-admission must be submitted in writing to the Director of Nursing. To apply for admission visit www.azwestern.edu
Arizona Western College
Post Office Box 929
Yuma, Arizona 85364
Submit your review
Leave a Reply