ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Arapahoe Community College (ACC) is a community college in Littleton, Arapahoe County, Colorado. It was established in 1965 as the very first community college to start in the Denver region.
The College began after a grass-roots activity by Littleton people, led by Littleton activist Virginia Baker, to render post-high school education and learning in the community. Arapahoe Junior College commenced with 550 pupils.
After a few years of self-reliant operation, ACC joined up with the Colorado Community College System, consisting thirteen institutions.
In 2013, Frank Lee Earley (amongst the founding faculty people) self-published a detailed memoir, “The View From the 4th Ground: An Exclusive History of Arapahoe Community College, 1965-2005,” which gives an account of the founding as well as progress/development of the institution. ACC currently serves over twenty-one credit and also non-credit students annually across its 3 campuses in the southern part of the Greater Denver Metropolitan region:
Arapahoe Community College serves the southern part of the Greater Denver Metropolitan region with 3 campuses:
- The major campus, at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, CO , 80120
- Parker Campus, at 15653 Brookstone Drive, Parker, CO 80134
- Castle Rock Campus, at 4700 Castleton Way, Castle Rock, CO 80109
ACC is licensed by The Higher Learning Commission as well as a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. It has an open-door admissions policy along with a “concurrent enrollment” training program for high school pupils, enabling such pupils to obtain college credits while still enlisted in high school.
The Associate Nursing Degree (ADN) program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) , the Colorado State Board of Nursing as well as the Colorado Community College System . You will build competencies to work in hospitals as well as clinical functions in the aspects of Obstetric and also Paediatric, Medical/Surgical, and even Psychiatric Nursing. ACC’s nursing training program continually maintains top pass rates on the NCLEX examination and also operates directly with an Advisory Committee that provides reviews on nursing/health care industry graduate standards, prerequisites as well as desired new graduate results.
During the Nursing program at ACC, you will experience:
- High specialized standards
- Superior credibility in the community as well as fantastic rate of hire
- Dual enrollment programs with CU, UCCS, and also MSU that will allow smooth advancement to a BSN degree
- Active studying in the classroom, labs as well as guided clinical experiences
- Simulation circumstances and also state-of-the-art labs
Undergraduate tuition and fees: Local tuition: 3,392 USD, Domestic tuition: 12,690 USD
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
NOTE: You must have an active ACC application with student email on file at time of nursing application
- If any of your prerequisites were taken at another community college, college, university or institution, you MUST have your transcripts officially evaluated at Arapahoe Community College prior to submitting a Nursing Application
- In the event you submit documentation of required prerequisites on any transcript other than Arapahoe Community College, your application will be returned and you may not resubmit for the current semester
- Prerequisites Highlight required prerequisites on your student/unofficial transcript copy: ENG 121, PSY 235, BIO 201, HPR 108 OR HWE 100 (7-year time limit).
- You must be eligible to register for MAT103. Prerequisite course of MAT050 or higher.
- Elementary Algebra Accuplacer score of 61 or higher.
- Health Care Employment Verification Form(print additional copies of the form if necessary) Include CNA and/or other health care employment for 10 years, paid or volunteer
- Health Care Certification(s) – Write “Not Applicable” if you have none
- Current Certified Nurse Aide CNA Card (copy of card, can be from any state)
- HESI Nursing Admission Assessment Test Summary Page (copy) Must score at least 70%in English Language Composite and Math
Arapahoe Community College
Address: 5900 S Santa Fe Dr, Littleton, CO 80120, USA
Phone: +1 303-797-4222