The Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) Training program in Aquinas College grooms pupils to become skilled and confident entry-level practitioners of nursing in the Catholic-Dominican custom and also as generalists in many different acute, chronic, and also outpatient clinical functions.
The incorporated competency-based syllabus is grounded in the sciences, liberal arts, religious studies, and in the art and science of nursing. The ASN training program is endorsed by the Tennessee Board of Nursing. The ASN training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Nursing Education (ACEN).
About The School
Aquinas College was established by the Dominican Order in the year 1928 as St. Cecilia Normal School as an institution for religious sisters situated at the St. Cecilia Motherhouse. In the year 1961, the institution relocated away from the Motherhouse, unveiled to the public, and also turned Aquinas Junior College.
In the year 1994, the school was renamed Aquinas College when it started offering four (4) year degrees. Ever since then, Aquinas College has grown to incorporate four (4) year programs in Liberal Arts, Nursing, Business, and Teacher Education.
In the year 2017, Aquinas College has introduced plans to noticeably contract its operations because of long-standing funding and also enrollment problem therefore approximately 60 of the college’s 76 workers will most likely lose their jobs and also up to 140 of Aquinas’ 257 pupils will have to find an alternative way to wrap up their degrees.
Total estimated tuition fee $18,305
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A completed application for admission.
- An official high school transcript.
- The results of the ACT or SAT.
- You must submit a minimum of 15 acceptable academic units from an accredited high school.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 within 10 years of application
- The following prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better:
- High school Algebra I and II, or college-level math or remedial math course
- High school Chemistry or college-level course in Chemistry, Biology, or
Anatomy and Physiology I
- Grade of “C” or better in all corequisite courses
- Minimum composite score of 65 on the Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam
- Nursing admission essay
Aquinas College Nashville
Address: 4210 Harding Pike Nashville, TN 37205
Phone: (615) 297-7545
Submit your review
Leave a Reply