- The chairperson of the Associate Degree Nursing Training program, Mary Windom, was instrumental in forming the proposal for the 4-year Baccalaureate Nursing Training program. Her objective was to better serve the community with the professional nursing training program at the university level.
- 15 generic students and also 15 Registered Nurses were accepted to the Bachelors of Science in Nursing training program, September 1980. The BSN training program received full authorization by the Tennessee State Board of Nursing in October 1981 and also has maintained such permission to date.
- The baccalaureate degree (BSN) is offered to different student populations within the training program, including pre-licensure students as well as post-licensure students. The training program requires three core requirements semesters before application to the BSN training program. Five semesters of nursing courses for an overall of 120 semester hours are also required. These requirements are standard baccalaureate degree criteria for all Tennessee Board of Regence schools
About the school
- Austin Peay State University (abbr. APSU) is a 4-year public institution situated in Clarksville, Tennessee, United States, and also controlled by the Austin Peay State University Board of Trustees.
- The University is certified by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools as well as being the fastest-growing university in Tennessee.
- The school started as Austin Peay Normal School when it was established as a 2-year junior college and also teacher-training institution by Act of the General Assembly of 1927 and also named in honor of sitting Governor Austin Peay. Limited in purposes and also resources, the school gradually grew in stature over time to take its place among the colleges and also universities under the control of the State Board of Education.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,555
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Be admitted to Austin Peay State University.
- Complete and submit the School of Nursing application by the application deadline. Only completed applications will be considered for admission.
- Have completed at least 30 hours nursing pre-requisite courses (must include at least 8 hours of science and 6 hours of English), maintaining a GPA above 3.0. Biology courses must be within seven (7) years of the time of application.
- Have a documented plan for completion of remaining 18 hours of nursing prerequisite classes
- Completed the required standardized nursing entrance examination by the School of Nursing application deadline. The required examination may be taken once per application period. Further information pertaining to the standardized examination can be found on the School of Nursing webpages.
Students previously enrolled in a nursing program must submit a letter of good standing from the dean/director of the previous nursing program along with a transcript.
Address: 601 College St, Clarksville, TN 37044, USA
Submit your review