- The overall objective of the nursing training program at AMC is to provide top quality education that readies pupils to practice safe and also compassionate professional nursing care as beginning practitioners. Graduates of the training program are academically ready for entry-level practice in nursing and can sign up for eligibility as a candidate for the National Registered Nurse Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) in Massachusetts.
- Pupils must also satisfy the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing criteria for licensure eligibility. The undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program is a traditional 4-year training program with eight academic semesters.
- Two training program tracks for nursing are offered at Anna Maria College comprising of a traditional four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing for entry-level pupils along with the web-based RN to BSN completion training program for Registered Nurses. The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing certifies the nursing training program and also approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
About the school
- Anna Maria College ( shortened as AMC) is a coeducational Catholic liberal arts school in Paxton, Massachusetts, United States.
- Anna Maria College is a non-public, coeducational Catholic College established in the year 1946 by the Sisters of Saint Anne. The school’s primary campus was in Marlborough, Massachusetts. In 1952, Anna Maria College relocated to its current site on a 192 acres campus in Paxton, Massachusetts.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,050
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- CHM110 Introduction to Chemistry (minimum grade of “C” required)
- BIO212 Anatomy and Physiology I (minimum grade of “C” required)
- BIO213 Anatomy and Physiology II (prereq: BIO212, min grade of “C” required)
- BIO222 Microbiology (minimum grade of “C” required)
- MTH230/JSS250/BLP250 Foundations of Statistics and Probability (QR)
- PSY201 Introduction to Psychology (minimum grade of “C” required)
- PSY217 Human Lifespan Development (minimum grade of “C” required)
- SOC201 Introduction to Sociology (minimum grade of “C” required, EC in Societies of the World)
- Application: Apply using the Common App, the Anna Maria College Online App, or download the pdf paper application (93 KB) . The application fee is $25.
- High School Transcript: A high school transcript (including first quarter, senior year grades) or GED certificate/score report is required.
- Essay or Personal Statement: 250-500 words. Select one of the provided topics on the Common App; or, if using the AMC application, select a topic of your choice.
- Letter of Recommendation: from your guidance counselor or a teacher.
Address: 50 Sunset Ln, Paxton, MA 01612
Phone: (877) 265-3201
Submit your review