- The American University of Health Sciences ( AUHS ) School of Nursing grooms pupils to make a positive influence on the society via the provision of skilled, caring, and also evidence-based nursing services to varied patient populations.
- Baccalaureate preparation in nursing is the fundamental educational level for entrance into professional nursing practice.
- AUHS provides its pupils with the basic education featuring both academic and also professional nursing courses thereby providing a base for clinical proficiency and informed judgments about health and also patient care in some
- Graduates of the training program are qualified to take and sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Training program presently offers just one training program option leading to a traditional Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree for beginning nurse generalists. The Bachelor of Science training program, in alignment with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Standards for Certification of Baccalaureate and Graduate Nursing Programs (amended in the year 2013).
About the school
- The American University of Health Sciences ( shortened as AUHS) was founded in 1994 by Dr. Kim Dang (Hon.) and also Pastor Gregory Johnson. AUHS is a Christian based, non-public, for-profit, postsecondary education school created to provide quality in the teaching for pupils enthusiastic about a career in health-care.
- Students can obtain health-care degrees in the school of nursing, clinical research professions or perhaps a school of pharmacy.
- In the year 2003, the American University of Health Sciences was founded as a corporation and also achieved Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools accreditation.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,200
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Eligibility criteria for applying to the School of Nursing include (but are not limited to):
- Be accepted by the University
- Take the TEAS examination and achieve a minimum score of 65%
- Have taken the following four science courses and achieved a 5 or higher cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale: Chemistry 151 A & B; Biology 200A; Biology 200B; Microbiology 201
- Have obtained a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) of the following nine transferable college These include: Chemistry 151A & B; Biology 200A; Biology 200B; Microbiology 201; English 101; Philosophy 160; Sociology 100; Psychology 100: Mathematics 110. In addition, a minimum of a grade of “C” or better must be achieved in the above nine listed courses.
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
LVN APPLICANTS (to the BSN Program)
In order to be eligible for review, applicants must:
- Be a graduate from an accredited V.N. program and hold a current L.V.N. license for the 45 unit option. Applicants must submit a photocopy of L.V.N. license.
- Be accepted by the University.
- Complete the application including the required essay.
- Submit two recommendations on the form provided.
- Failure of two (2) required nursing courses, either the same course or two (2) separate courses, will result in non-admission.
- Demonstration of English competency (for foreign students only) on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or on the paper-based test, or on the CBT (Computer based total), or on the IBT (Internet Based Test).
- Complete the general education courses listed with a “C” or better grade. Courses must be college transferable.
RN to BSN PROGRAM (Post-Licensure) Requirements
- Be a currently California Registered Nurse (RN) who has graduated from an accredited associate degree or diploma nursing program.
- Have a minimum of 90 transferable quarter units from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 2.0; and 55 elective quarter units offered at AUHS.
- Submit sealed official transcripts from all schools attended.
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
- Submit copy of active RN license
Address: 1600 E Hill St, Signal Hill, CA 90755
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews
Leave a Reply