American River College (ARC) is a California community college situated in the unincorporated community of Foothill Farms, California in northern Sacramento Region, California, USA.
The institution was opened in 1955 as American River Junior College, on the location of the old Grant Technical College. It relocated to its present location in 1958, occupying 8 newly constructed office complexes and the authentic Cameron ranch house. In 1965 the institution became associated with the Los Rios Community College District and became American River College. At present, along with Cosumnes River College, Folsom Lake College, and Sacramento City College, American River College is directed by a 7 member board of trustees selected by voters residing in the district.
Nursing is a healthcare profession which requires knowledge of behavioral, biological and physical sciences. The Nursing Training program is made up of a combination of general education and also nursing courses with related laboratory experiences. Successful completion of the training program qualifies the pupil to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX-RN) to become registered as a nurse and qualified for employment.
A grade of “C” or HIGHER is needed in each nursing course for further advancement in the program and for an Associate Degree in Science – Nursing (ADN). This is required in morning, afternoon, evening and weekend clinical experiences that may adjust with minimal notice. The pupil is liable for providing uniforms, laboratory fees, malpractice insurance, necessary equipment, and transportation to off-campus laboratory locations.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Identify, apply, analyze, and synthesize Orem’s Self-Care Deficit. Theory of Nursing to humans throughout the lifespan.
- Synthesize, utilize, and validate principles of the biological, physical, psychological and behavioral sciences to assist clients and families in maintaining their potential to perform self-care and dependent care.
Total program cost is USD $9,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The Associate in Science Degree Registered Nursing Program at American River College uses a multi-criteria enrolment process. Students must reapply each semester. There is no waiting list.
- Graduation from an accredited high school (graduates from outside the United States must have transcripts evaluated by an approved independent agency), or successful completion of General Education Development (GED) or California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE). These requirements are defined by the current Nurse Practice Act, Title 16, California Code of Regulations, Section 1412.
- A grade of “C” or better and a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 in the following science prerequisites: BIOL 430, BIOL 431, and BIOL 440 or BIOL 442.
- A grade of “C” or better and a cumulative college GPA of 2.5 in the following courses: ENGWR 300 or ENGWR 480, NUTRI 300, and PSYC 300 or PSYC 480.
- Completion of the latest edition of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), developed by the Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC (ATI). A minimum composite score is necessary to be eligible for application to the program.
- In-progress grades will not be accepted for prerequisite courses.
- Transfer-In Policy: Students wishing to transfer into any semester of the Nursing program are asked to contact the department office at (916) 484-8254. The office can give you current information on availability of space.
American River College
Address: 4700 College Oak Dr, Sacramento, CA 95841
Submit your review
Leave a Reply