- The Alvernia Pre-license Baccalaureate Nursing Training program offers students the chance to learn in a caring academic environment, which promotes the development of professionalism, knowledge, collaboration and also moral integrity. In the complex world of contemporary health care, nurses are in high demand. Alvernia graduates stand out because of their strong grounding in liberal arts education, ethics and also service orientation.
- The BS in Nursing Faculty are particularly committed to excellence in teaching and also individual mentorship of students. Nursing pupils are guided in a positive learning community built to develop their skills as beginning professionals, care providers, and also leaders.
- Graduates of this training program can deliver health care to individuals of any age, families and also community groups with sensitivity to cultural and also environmental factors. Since the campus is conveniently located, nursing pupils come to Alvernia from all around Pennsylvania, plus New Jersey, New York City, Maryland as well as some other regions in the tri-state area and countrywide.
- The BSN Training program is certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and also has full authorization by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Successful graduates meet the requirements to apply for RN Licensure by taking the National Council Licensure Exam. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Training program at Alvernia University.
About the school
- Alvernia University is a non-public Franciscan Roman Catholic institution situated in Reading, Pennsylvania, United States Of America. Once referred to as Alvernia College, the school gained university status in the year 2008.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $26,110
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
This level is for all first time College students and for college student who have less than 29 hours of college level work.
- first time college students must meet the general admission requirements of Alvernia University.
- first time college students with less than 12 credits of college work must have a minimum composite score from the critical reading and math sections on the SAT of 950 or greater and a high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher, with consideration given to college preparatory courses of study.
- College students must have a grade point average of at least 2.75. Grades and credits from developmental courses are not considered. Credits from sciences courses taken at another institution will fulfill nursing prerequisite requirements only if a grade equal to or greater than C+ was achieved. Exceptions may be made for students with otherwise outstanding acedemic records.
- Two (2) letters of reference.
As required by the Pennsylvania state board of nursing, applicants shall have completed work equal to a standard high school course with a minimum of 16 units, including 4 units of English, 2 units of Mathematics (1 of which is Algebra), 2 units of Science, with a related laboratory or the equivalent, and 3 units of social science.
Address: 400 St Bernardine St, Reading, PA 19607, USA
Submit your review