The nursing training program is offered at our Somerset campus in delightful Somerset Region, Pennsylvania, United States. Admittance to the four (4) semester series of nursing courses is offered in the fall semester of the odd years (2017, 2019, 2021, etc.).
The Nursing Training program is endorsed by the Maryland Board of Nursing. Furthermore, the training program situated at each of the Pennsylvania Campuses is endorsed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. The Associate Degree Nursing Training program is also certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
Successful Completion of the training program and recommendation by the training program director entitles the graduate to be considered for admittance to the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN). Completion of the requirements of the nursing training program does not guarantee eligibility or guarantee passing the NCLEX-RN examination for licensure.
About The School
In 1989 the Institution started offering evening only classes leading to associate degree and also certificate programs in the Somerset Area High School.
In the year 1999, the Somerset County Campus Foundation acquired the 27,000 square-foot facility in Somerset that houses the shared College and also County library. The facility, referred to as Founders Hall, includes classrooms, computer labs, student lounge, faculty offices, allied health laboratory, distance learning facilities, and student and administrative areas.
Total estimated program cost is USD $16,346
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
To become eligible for this program as a recent high school graduate or Early College student, an applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
- One year of high school chemistry, biology, and algebra (or their equivalent) with a minimum grade of “C” in each course.
- Pass the Allegany College of Maryland Placement Assessment including the Anatomy and Physiology Placement Exam or successfully complete all required courses before the first college semester.
- A minimum ACT score of 21 in each section will meet the minimum requirements to apply for admission as a high school student, but meeting the minimum score will not guarantee admission into the program. The average composite score of an accepted student is 25.
To become eligible as a college student currently attending Allegany College of Maryland or transferring from another institution, or any Early College student at Allegany College of Maryland who has waived the senior year at high school and is enrolled as a full-time student, an applicant must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Pass the Allegany College of Maryland Placement Assessment including the Anatomy and Physiology Placement Exam or successfully complete all required courses.
- Have a minimum overall college grade point average of 2.5. The last class accepted had a grade point average of 3.4.
- Successfully complete Anatomy and Physiology I (Biology 207). In order to be eligible to enroll in this course, students must have passed the Anatomy and Physiology Placement Exam or successfully completed Biology 93, 100 or 101 with a grade of ”C” or better. Students must have appropriate placement scores or a grade of “C” or better in Reading 93 and Mathematics 90 to be eligible for Anatomy and Physiology I (Biology 207). Current enrollment in Anatomy and Physiology I (Biology 207) will be considered in determining eligibility for admission; however, this course must be completed with at least a “C” grade prior to admission to the program.
- Schedule and take the Nursing Admission Assessment Test for the Nursing program. The test is administered each semester at various times and locations. A list of testing dates is available in the Nursing Office, Admissions Office, and is listed on the college website (www.allegany.edu). Please refer to the Nursing Information Book for more specific information on the test.
Allegany College Of Maryland- Somerset Campus
Address:6022 Glades Pike, Suite 100, Somerset, PA 15501
Submit your review