The Bedford campus only offers admission every two years in the fall semester of the odd years (2017, 2019, 2021, etc.).The Nursing Training program is endorsed by the Maryland Board of Nursing. Furthermore, the training program situated at each of the Pennsylvania Campuses is endorsed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
The Associate Degree Nursing Training program is also certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. Completion of the training program and recommendation by the training program director entitles the graduate to be considered for admittance to the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX) for Registered Nurse (RN).
Successful Completion of the requirements of the nursing training program does not assure eligibility or guarantee passing the NCLEX-RN examination for licensure.
About The School
In the year 1990, the Institution started offering evening only classes leading to associate degree and also certificate programs in the Everett Area High School. After that in 1994, a building was built to house the Bedford County Campus.
The facility is situated on 7 acres with an 110 space parking area beside the campus. The structure makes use of a unique geothermal HVAC system that has permitted operating expenses to remain at the lowest levels. The $2.3 million facility was provided via financing from the Southern Tier Education Council, the Bedford County Commissioners, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with the land donated by the Everett Area School District.
Total estimated program cost is USD $16,325
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
To become eligible for this program as a recent high school graduate or Early College student, an applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
- One year of high school chemistry, biology, and algebra (or their equivalent) with a minimum grade of “C” in each course.
- Pass the Allegany College of Maryland Placement Assessment including the Anatomy and Physiology Placement Exam or successfully complete all required courses before the first college semester.
- A minimum ACT score of 21 in each section will meet the minimum requirements to apply for admission as a high school student, but meeting the minimum score will not guarantee admission into the program. The average composite score of an accepted student is 25.
To become eligible as a college student currently attending Allegany College of Maryland or transferring from another institution, or any Early College student at Allegany College of Maryland who has waived the senior year at high school and is enrolled as a full-time student, an applicant must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Pass the Allegany College of Maryland Placement Assessment including the Anatomy and Physiology Placement Exam or successfully complete all required courses.
- Have a minimum overall college grade point average of 2.5. The last class accepted had a grade point average of 3.4.
- Successfully complete Anatomy and Physiology I (Biology 207). In order to be eligible to enroll in this course, students must have passed the Anatomy and Physiology Placement Exam or successfully completed Biology 93, 100 or 101 with a grade of ”C” or better. Students must have appropriate placement scores or a grade of “C” or better in Reading 93 and Mathematics 90 to be eligible for Anatomy and Physiology I (Biology 207). Current enrollment in Anatomy and Physiology I (Biology 207) will be considered in determining eligibility for admission; however, this course must be completed with at least a “C” grade prior to admission to the program.
- Schedule and take the Nursing Admission Assessment Test for the Nursing program. The test is administered each semester at various times and locations. A list of testing dates is available in the Nursing Office, Admissions Office, and is listed on the college website (www.allegany.edu). Please refer to the Nursing Information Book for more specific information on the test.
Allegany College Of Maryland- Bedford Campus
Address:18 N. River Lane, Everett, PA 15537
Submit your review