Alexandria Technical and Community College ADN Program is intended to prepare registered nurses who manage competent, client-centered and safe nursing care to clients in clinics, hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes and other health care facilities.
This challenging program will prepare you to complete the NCLEX-RN exam upon successful graduation from this program.
ATCC Associate Degree Nursing program is controlled and endorsed by the Minnesota Board of Nursing. The ADN program is presently seeking accreditation through the National League for Nursing’s Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
About the school
Alexandria Technical and Community College is a two-year technical college situated in Alexandria, Minnesota, United States, and it is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system. Around 4,000 students are enrolled annually, with about 60% of those students being enrolled full-time.
Alexandria Technical and Community College awards over 50-degree programs, ranging from certificates to Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and Associate of Applied Science degrees.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
Estimate for program tuition/fees is $12,953
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete Practical Nursing Program with at least 2.75 GPA in PN courses
- Obtain LPN Licensure
- Phase one application: Complete online college application for admission into the ADN program and attend an informational meeting.
- Complete 32 required general education credits with a 3.0 average GPA for all five science courses. Science courses must be taken within 5 years of the start of the Phase II Nursing courses. (Note: If required general education is already completed, go to phase two application.)
- Phase two eligibility form: Eligibility form packets are available from the Information Center after September 1 for consideration to enroll in the core nursing courses for the following fall term. Call 320-762-4600.
- . Submit the completed phase two application packet and all additional requirements for enrollment the following fall term. Initial phase two applications are due January 2. If available seats are not filled during the initial application process, applications will be considered at the end of spring and summer semesters until the class is full.
Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program Focus
The Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) requires that a student complete a Practical Nursing program with a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the PN courses and be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at the time of application. The program prepares graduates to provide safe, competent, patient-centered care in hospitals, clinics, home-care, and long-term care facilities. Successful completion of NCLEX-RN licensure will create opportunities for a challenging and rewarding career as a Registered Nurse.
Students must obtain a grade of “C” or better in each course, including transfer courses, to be eligible to graduate.
Alexandria Technical and Community College
Address: 1601 Jefferson St, Alexandria, MN 56308, USA
Phone: 888-234-1222 | 320-762-0221
Submit your review
Leave a Reply