The Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) Training program in Alcorn state University offers two options leading to the ASN degree: the Generic Training program Option, that can be fulfilled in five (5) semesters as well as the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Fast Track Training program Option.
The LPN Fast-Track Training program Option can be fulfilled in three (3) semesters. Only candidates who hold a present unencumbered LPN license and satisfy admission requirements are qualified to submit an application for this training program option.
The ASN curriculum is built to prepare nurses who will:
1) Utilize the nursing procedure as a structure for critical thinking in providing safe, extensive, and efficient client-centered care to a number of individuals and also groups within varied populations across the life continuum;
2) Communicate efficiently with customer, family, and others to make sure the continuous quality of health-care delivery;
3) Work together efficiently with colleagues, and inter-professional health team associates to enhance professional practice and also optimize health-care outcomes;
4) Function within the legal and also ethical rules of the nursing position as a provider of care, manager of care and also associate of the profession;
5) Recognize the value of evidence focused nursing practice as a basis for the delivery of high-quality care;
6) look for opportunities that promote life-long learning, professional improvement, and service opportunities; and
7) Utilize health information technology to improve and augment health-care delivery
About The School
Alcorn State University is a historically black extensive land-grant institution in Lorman, Mississippi, United States. It was established in the year 1871 by the Reconstruction-era legislature to provide and offer higher education for freedmen.
The university’s most popular alumnus, Medgar Evers, a civil rights activist, graduated in the year 1948. Pupils at the institution were a part of the mid-twentieth century civil rights battle, making an effort to register residents for voting and also struggling to stop segregation. Other alumni have been activists, political figures and specialists in Mississippi as well as other states. The institution is an associate school of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund.
Alcorn State is the second biggest HBCU in Mississippi with an enrollment of roughly 3,300 undergraduate students and 600 graduate pupils. The institution has seven schools, offering over fifty different areas of study.
Total estimated program cost is USD $14,310
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Alcorn Nursing Application and Alcorn Undergraduate Application
- Official transcripts (hardcopy and not electronic) from every college or university attended with grades posted through Fall 2016.
- Official high school transcript or GED copy
- Copy of your immunization record
- Copy of your social security card
- Copy of your ACT (we accept national or Alcorn Residual ACT)
- Copy of current unencumbered license copy with expiration date
- Recommendation letter
Alcorn State University
1000 Alcorn Ave, Lorman, MS 39096
Phone: (601) 877-6100
Submit your review