- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Alcorn State University Training program offers two options leading to the BSN degree: the Generic Training program Option, which can be completed in five semesters as well as the RN to BSN.
- The RN to BSN Training program Option can be completed in three semesters. Only applicants who possess a current unencumbered RN license and also meet admission requirements meet the criteria to submit an application for this training program option.
The BSN curriculum was created to prepare nurses who will:
- Synthesize knowledge of relevant concepts, theories, and also principles from nursing, social, behavioral, and also natural sciences as a basis for making professional nursing judgments;
- Incorporate major concepts and also theories delineated in the theoretical structure into the practice of nursing;
- Makes use of the nursing process to assist individuals, families, and also communities to achieve their maximum health potential,
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing Training program is certified by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
- Alcorn State University (also known as Alcorn) is a historically black extensive land-grant school situated northwest of Lorman, Mississippi in rural Claiborne County, United States.
- It was established in 1871 by the Reconstruction-era legislature to provide higher education for freedmen. It is the very first black land-grant school founded in the USA. The institution is counted as a census-designated place and also had a resident population of 1,017 at the year 2010 census.
- The university’s most popular alumnus, Medgar Evers, a civil rights activist, graduated in the year 1948. Pupils at the college were part of the mid-twentieth century civil rights struggle, working to sign up residents for voting and also struggling to end segregation.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $22,830
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Alcorn nursing application and Alcorn undergraduate application
- Official transcripts (hardcopy and not electronic) from every college or University attended with grades posted through fall. These must be sent to the school of nursing at the address below.
- Official high school transcript or GED copy
- copy of your immunisation record
- copy of your social security card
- copy of your ACT ( they accept national or Alcorn residual ACT)- no ACT requirement for RNs
- Complete the College Prep Curriculum with a minimum 2.5 GPA and score at least 16 or higher on the ACT (at least 770 reading + math on the SAT) or rank in the upper 50% of your class and score at least 16 or higher on the ACT (at least a 770 reading + math on the SAT).
- Complete the College Prep Curriculum with a minimum 2.0 GPA and score 18 or higher on the ACT (at least 860 reading + math on the SAT).
- Copy of current unencumbered license copy with expiration date (LPNs and RNs only)
- Recommendation letter (LPN advanced placement applicants only)
Address: 1000 Alcorn Ave, Lorman, MS 39096
Phone: (601) 877-6100
Submit your review