The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) curriculum in Alamance Community College provides people with the knowledge and also competencies needed to provide nursing care to patients and families all through the life span in many different settings. Coursework includes content associated with the individual, the healthcare system, and nursing. Course content refers to the nurse’s position that is characterized by evidence-based clinical practice in the provision of client care. Graduates of this training program meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) which is required for practice as a Registered Nurse.
ADN (RN): Alamance Community College Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) training program is a selective admissions training program. Students applying for Nursing Training program admission are classified as Pre-Nursing students until they have fulfilled the admission demands and are formally admitted into the Nursing curriculum. Enrollment is minimal. Ranking review is needed in order to be considered for admittance. Candidates are ranked according to Admission Points, Composite GPA, and also Application Date. The precise number of pupils accepted into the ADN training program relies on the number of available spaces.
LPN to ADN (RN): Alamance Community College Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) is also a selective admissions training program. Students applying for Nursing Training program admission are categorized as Pre-Nursing students until they have satisfied the admission demands and are formally admitted into the Nursing curriculum. Enrollment is minimal. Ranking review is needed in order to be considered for admittance. The precise number of pupils accepted into the ADN training program relies on the number of available spaces.
Ábout The School
Alamance Community College is a community college situated in Graham, North Carolina, USA, with an outlet campus in Burlington, serving the region of Alamance County.
Total estimated program cost is USD $12,300
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete ACC’s Online Application
- Submit High School and College Transcripts
- Meet with Financial Aid, if needed
- Take Placement Test (unless Exempt)
- Minimum proficiency in Reading, English, and Math
- Attend a Pre-Nursing Mandatory Information Session
- Coursework requirements
- Anatomy & Physiology I (BIO 168 with lab) (Prereq. BIO 111)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (BIO 169 with lab) (Prereq. BIO 168)
- Writing and Inquiry (ENG) (Prereq. DRE 098)
- Mathematical Measurement (MAT 110)(Preerq. DMA 010-030)
- TEAS Test- Official scores must be no more than two years old. The test may be taken up to two times per calendar year, with the highest score being accepted.
- Certification and Licensure
- Must be a graduate of an approved PNE program.
- PNE program transcript must show a minimum grade point average of 2.5, with no less than a C in any course.
- Prerequisite accomplishment of a chemistry and biology course within 5 years with a grade of C or better.
- Current unrestricted license to practice nursing as an LPN in the USA.
- Recommendation from immediate supervisor in most recent employment and Dean or Director of Nursing at school attended.
- Personal interview with the appropriate faculty advisor.
- Satisfactory completion of first year nursing competency examinations or course work.
- Health report including immunization record completed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant. The report must be current, using the form supplied by the college, and submitted by the specified date.
- Proof of immunization is required in advance and as part of the application process.
- Pass the following two tests from the Assessment Technology Institute: LPN STEP test-Practice and LPN STEP test-Proctored; Students can register and pay for these tests online. The total cost for both tests is $35.00.
Alamance Community College
Address: 1247 Jimmie Kerr Rd, Graham, NC 27253
Submit your review
Leave a Reply