The Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College Associate of Science in Nursing Degree training program was founded in 1966 and is undoubtedly the most widely respected Registered Nurse program in the state. The employment rate is 100% and health-care employers actively seeking for The Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College nursing graduates. Nursing a top major at The Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College appeals to both traditional as well as non-traditional students.
The nursing training program at The Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College grooms registered nurses through 2 educational paths. The Generic track which has a normal design and the Twelve Month Registered Nurse track which is an accelerated bridge training program for certified practical nurses, respiratory therapists, and paramedics. The two programs get students an Associate of Science in Nursing Degree as well as qualify them to take the NCLEX-RN. The nursing training program is endorsed by the Georgia Board of Nursing as well as being accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
About the school
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College is a State school of the University System of Georgia USA. Situated in Tifton, Georgia United States of America, Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College offers baccalaureate as well as associate degrees. The college is named after Abraham Baldwin, a signer of the United States Of America Constitution from Georgia as well as the very first president of the University of Georgia.
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College was founded in 1908 as the Second County A&M Institution. The name was replaced with the South Georgia A&M College in 1924 and to the Georgia State College for Men in 1929. It eventually became Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College in 1933 when Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College became a part of the freshly established University System of Georgia. At that moment, Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College objective was dedicated to associate level studies in agriculture, home economics and also related fields. Today, Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College offers many different bachelor’s degree courses as well as associate degrees. The college became the owners of Possum Poke in 1999.
The School of Agriculture and Natural Resources is the biggest division of study at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College. Nursing is the biggest single major. This associate degree training program grooms students to be certified as a Registered Nurse (R .N).
Total program cost is USD $17,471
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Achievement of the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Minimum requirements for consideration for admission are as follows:
- A student must be 18 years of age at the time of admission into the nursing program.
- The first step in the admission process will be evaluation of a student’s overall grade point average (as articulated by ABAC). A student whose overall grade point average is 2.50 or higher will progress in the acceptance process and have a nursing grade point average calculated (all attempts at core courses applicable to the nursing program specifically).
- The School of Nursing and Health Sciences utilizes the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) as a tool to assess the readiness of prospective nursing students for both the Generic and One Year Registered Nurse program tracks. The HESI Admission Assessment (A2) consists of five computerized content exams including: Math, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge, Anatomy and Physiology, and Critical Thinking. Students must score a minimum 75% on all content exams and the composite score.
- A student must achieve a minimum grade of a “C” in all core courses applicable to the nursing program.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I and II and the corresponding labs must have been completed within the five (5) years prior to initial admission into the nursing program.
- A student who has received two failures at another nursing program(s) will not be eligible for admission into ABAC’s nursing programs. Exceptions may occur if a student’s failures are older than two years.
- A student is eligible to enter the program after successful completion of the following with a minimum grade of C or better: ENGL 1101,PSYC, 1101Introduction to Psychology OR PSYC 2103 Human Grown & Development, MATH 1001Quantitative Reasoning OR MATH 1111 College Algebra, PNUR 1104 Pharmacology for Health Professions, BIOL 2011 & lab Human Anatomy & Physiology I, BIOL 2012 & lab Human Anatomy & Physiology I
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
Address: 2802 Moore Hwy, Tifton, GA 31793, USA