- As a nursing student, you will learn the sophisticated technology and also complex scientific theory that are now essential to contemporary patient care. You will also learn the true art of human interaction, where empathy for clients is promoted, advocacy for patients and also their families is encouraged, as well as the dignity and also worth of all are respected.
- The nursing training program at Wheeling Jesuit provides a combined curriculum of liberal arts and also nursing education in the Jesuit tradition – building you as an individual, citizen and also health care practitioner. After effectively completing the training program, you will earn a Bachelor of Science degree which enables you to apply to sit and take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX).
About the school
- The Wheeling Jesuit University is a non-public, coeducational Roman Catholic institution in the USA.
- Situated in Wheeling, West Virginia, it was established as Wheeling College in 1954 by the Society of Jesus (generally known as the Jesuits). At present, Wheeling Jesuit University is among the 28 associate institutions of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
- Roughly 1,173 undergraduate pupils attend the University. Wheeling Jesuit University competes in Division II of the National Collegiate Athletic Association as an associate of the Mountain East Conference.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $27,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Declared nursing majors are strongly urged to have WJU CORE requirements completed as per the Nursing Department Program of Study through first semester sophomore year. Completion of these CORE courses will be a consideration for admission to the nursing program. To enter the nursing program and progress to second semester sophomore year nursing courses,N203 and N230, student must have:
- An overall, cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- completed and achieved a “C” or better in each prerequisite science course, CHE 105, BIO 128, BIO 129, and CLS 215.
- Achieved a minimum score of 68% on the TEAS test.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent;
- 15 units of high school academic courses;
- History/Social Sciences……….2
- Laboratory Science……………..1
(Science Major-2 recommended)
- Academic Electives………….6
Address: 316 Washington Ave, Wheeling, WV 26003, USA
Submit your review