- The traditional BS in Nursing (BSN) training program at UW is a 2-year course series that builds on a foundation of pre-nursing study to meet the requirements for a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. This highly selective training program cultivates nurse leaders who are ready to hit the ground running.
- As a BSN student, you will take part in interactive simulations utilizing their state-of-the-art technology and also work under the guidance of clinical professionals each semester to provide practical care to individuals, families or perhaps communities.
- When you graduate, you’ll be qualified to think critically and also lead in whatever nursing position you pursue. The graduates manage hospitals, deliver babies, serve in the military, organize disaster relief efforts, conduct health education seminars, and also do
About the school
- The University of Wisconsin–Madison (generally known as University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin, UW, or even regionally as UW–Madison, or just Madison) is a public research university in Madison, Wisconsin, United States Of America.
- Established when Wisconsin attained statehood in the year 1848, UW–Madison is the approved state University of Wisconsin, as well as the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin System.
- It was the very first public university founded in Wisconsin and also remains the most ancient and also largest public school in the state. It became a land-grant school in the year 1866. The 933-acre primary campus includes 4 National Historic Landmarks.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $26,170
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
UW–Madison pre-nursing students and students with other majors as well as prospective transfer and second-degree students, must meet the following requirements by the end of the spring term prior to the fall term of enrollment:
- 54 college-level credits
- 75 minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Seven prerequisite courses with a maximum of three in progress during the spring term prior to enrollment:
- Chemistry (4/5 credits, including lab) AP/IB CHEM scores of 4/5 fulfill this prerequisite
- Microbiology (3 credits)
- Anatomy (3 credits)
- Physiology (5 credits, including lab)
- Psychology (3 credits) AP/IB PSYCH scores of 4/5 fulfill this prerequisite
- Sociology (3 credits)
- Human Growth and Development (3 credits)
- 75 minimum GPA in the combined seven prerequisites courses and at least a C (2.0) in each of the individual seven prerequisite courses
Address: Madison, WI 53706, USA