- The traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Wichita State University grooms students for entry-level professional nursing stations in different healthcare settings
- It provides a base for graduate study in
- The BSN prepared nurse receives education to coordinate, manage and design, the care of patients, provide direct and indirect patient care for a diverse population.
- The BSN degree grooms students to succeed in the national RN licensing exam and become registered nurses.
About the school
- Wichita State University (abbreviated WSU) located in Wichita, Kansas, United States.
- It is a public research university and the third-largest university administered by the Kansas Board of Regents.
- Wichita State University offers over 60 undergraduate degree programs in 200 areas of study in six colleges.
- The Central Campus is situated at 1845 North Fairmount in northeast Wichita.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $ 28,846.48
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Minimum letter grade of C (2.0) in all prerequisite courses.
- Traditional program: 2.75 cumulative GPA required–Competitive GPA = 3.4 Accelerated program: 3.0 cumulative GPA required–Competitive GPA = 3.4
- Passing scores on the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills):
Math=63%, Science=45%, English=60%, Reading=69% OR ACT composite score ≥ 27 or a minimum combined SAT score ≥ 1125.
- Prior to entering the professional phase of the program, students must have 3.0 cumulative GPA in the following science classes: Chemistry/Lab*, Anatomy & Physiology/Lab*, Microbiology/Lab*, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology.
*Grades in these three classes are considered in selection process.
- February 1: fall traditional program
- February 1: summer accelerated program
- September 1: spring traditional program
The traditional program begins a class of 60 in the fall and a class of 60 in the spring. The accelerated program begins a class of 30 in May.
Acceptance is determined by the School of Nursing admissions committee.
Admission is competitive. Areas considered in the selection process:
- Overall GPA.
- Science course grades. (See note under admission requirements.)
- Health care related work experience.
- Cultural diversity experience.
- Previous baccalaureate degree.
School of Nursing
Wichita State University
Address: 1845 Fairmount (Ahlberg Hall, 5th Floor) Box 41 Wichita, KS 67260-0041
website: [email protected]
Submit your review