The Nursing- Associate Degree Training program at WTC is built for the adult learner. It features a learning atmosphere that fosters self-reliance, problem fixing, organization, objective achievement and also interaction via faculty-guided learning and also performance-based assessment. Only pupils accepted in the Nursing training program are permitted to register for nursing courses.
The training program provides the competencies to incorporate mathematical, social, and also physical sciences, pharmacology, and pathophysiology into your clinical decision-making. You will learn to communicate efficiently, work together with others, and mobilize resources to promote, sustain, and bring back health. All registered nurses (RNs) are required to take a national examination to receive a license to practice. In comparison with all programs nationally, Western graduates have been a constant success in passing the examination.
The general education courses are offered at the Mauston, Black River Falls, and Tomah Campuses. The General and Advanced Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology labs are strictly offered in La Crosse.
The Nursing training program is endorsed by the Wisconsin Board of Nursing and certified by ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
About The School
Western Technical College (also known as Western or WTC) is a two two year vocational-technical school situated in La Crosse, Wisconsin USA.
An associate of the Wisconsin Technical College System, the Western Technical College District serves eight regional counties and enlisted More than 5,000 pupils. Western is certified by the Higher Learning Commission. It was founded in the year 1912.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,300
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- First apply for admission to the College,
- ACCUPLACER TEST: Western Technical College uses ACCUPLACER, a computer-based, online assessment that measures your abilities in writing/sentence skills, reading comprehension, and arithmetic. This information will be used to place you in courses that best fit your academic goals. Based on your scores, you may need to take additional general studies course(s) along with the general studies courses required for your program.
- You must complete General Anatomy and Physiology and its prerequisites with a grade of “C” or better.
- Complete a Wisconsin Department of Health Services-approved Nursing Assistant course. (Note: This requires a minimum of 120 hours of instruction and must include a clinical component.)
- Nursing ATI TEAS Pre-Admission Examination – (Note: Do not take this test until you have completed the placement testing requirements for the College.). Demonstrate satisfactory performance on the Nursing TEAS V Pre-Admission Examination.
- Contact the Welcome Center to make an appointment with a Health & Public Safety Enrollment Services Advisor to complete your Intent to Enroll form.
Western Technical College
Address: 400 7th St N, La Crosse, WI 54601
Submit your review