The nursing training program is ideal for the pupil who plans to enter the job force right away. After successful completion of the needed curriculum, you will earn an associate of applied science (AAS) degree which prepares you for the registered nurse licensure examination.
The training program comprises of a prerequisite semester in which pupils must have fulfilled all prerequisite courses before admittance to the nursing training program.
Due to the limited spaces available in the program, admission is extremely competitive and also completion of all general education, related, and also support courses is strongly recommended.
About The School
Western Oklahoma State College, initially referred to as Altus Junior College, is a community college situated in Altus, Oklahoma. In the year 2004 it graduated 272 with associate degrees.
Western Oklahoma State College was established in the year 1926 under the name Altus Junior College. In 1974 state legislature modified its name to the current Western Oklahoma State College.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,291.50
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completed application to the nursing program turned in by March 1st
- Copies of all college transcripts on file at the Nursing Department with a Cumulative GPA of 2.0 out of a possible 4.0.
- Minimum grade of “C” in all Technical-Occupational Support & Related course.
- Pre-admission RN examination known as the HESI A2
- Pre-admission scores of at least 84 in Reading and 74 in Math
- All LPNs entering the third semester of the Nursing program are required to successfully complete the LPN Transition Course prior to beginning NURS 2219
thereby, increasing credit hours to 70 for the LPN student.
Prerequisite or Co-Requisite courses
- Anatomy- has a prerequisite of general biology, zoology, or an ACT score of 21 in science and must be completed with “C” or better.
- Physiology- has a prerequisite of anatomy and chemistry and must be completed with a “C” or better.
- Chemistry- has a pre- or co-requisite of college algebra and must be completed with a “C” of better.
- Nursing courses must be completed in sequence.
**Prerequisite requirement for LPNs only prior to NURS 2219;
- “4 or 5 hour general chemistry course is acceptable for this degree plan
- + (67 hours for general student/70 hours for LPN student)
- ^ (66 hours for general student if 4- credit hour chemistry is taken and 69 hours for LPN student)
Western Oklahoma State College
Address: 2801 N Main St, Altus, OK 73521
Phone: (580) 477-2000
Submit your review