- The BSN degree at the Wayland Baptist University is a seven-term, 2-year nursing degree training program (outside of the general education core) created for students seeking a traditional nursing degree. Pupils experience learning-intensive courses, together with clinical studies in combination with appropriate course work. The degree includes face-to-face clinical studies and also labs.
- This training program does not require an LVN. Applicants must complete an application to the Registered Nurse training program, as well as the general admissions application for Bachelor of Science in Nursing studies.
About the school
- The Wayland Baptist University is independent, coeducational Baptist Institution based in Plainview, Texas, United States. Wayland Baptist has an overall of 14 campuses in 5 Texas cities, six states, as well as in Kenya.
- On August 31, 1908, the institution was acquired by the state of Texas, under the name Wayland Literary and Technical Institute. The school had a different name change in 1910 to Wayland Baptist College. In the year 1981, it obtained university status and settled with the present name, Wayland Baptist University. It presently has an overall enrollment of roughly 5,000.
- The school is the most ancient institution of higher education in continuous existence on the High Plains of Texas because of the leadership of George McDonald, the 5th president of the school. When a run on the banks throughout the Great Depression threatened to shut the school, the administration and also faculty consented to forgo pay to continue the task of educating pupils, believing in God to supply their needs.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $27,330
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application for Admission
- Application fee ($35): This component will be waived if you apply to Wayland while visiting our campus.
- Official High School Transcript: Applicants who have completed their junior year of high school may be considered for conditional admission as long as at least six high school semesters have been completed. A transcript is considered official if it comes to the Wayland Admissions Office in a sealed envelope from the school. Upon graduation, applicants must submit a final transcript showing completion of high school requirements and the graduation date.
- Official College Transcript(s), if applicable: Applicants who have been enrolled in concurrent or dual credit classes must submit official college transcripts reflecting all such coursework taken.
- Official ACT or SAT score: A test score is considered official if it comes to the Wayland Admissions Office from the College Board or ACT, or the test score label may come attached to the official high school transcript. Wayland’s school codes are as follows: 4246 for the ACT and 6930 for the SAT.
Address: 1900 W 7th St, Plainview, TX 79072, USA
Submit your review