- The B.S in Nursing (BSN) training program at the UW Seattle campus is a two-year professional training program that prepares you for a career as a registered nurse. As a B.S in Nursing student, you will learn from their nationally acclaimed faculty in class and also make use of interactive circumstances in our Learning Lab, enabling you to practice nursing skills in a safe environment before carrying them out in a guided clinical setting.
- BSN students start as college-level juniors, having already finished 90 quarter/60 semester college-level credits or even a previous Bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing discipline. A solid foundation of science and also humanities prerequisite coursework sets you up for success in their training program. Many of their BSN graduates go on and on to graduate nursing studies and also careers in research, administration, and also education.
- You will build on those fundamental skills with more than 1,000 hours of practical patient care experience under the supervision of licensed care providers. With more than a 98% graduation rate yearly, the UW School of Nursing readies you for success and excellence in nursing.
About the school
- The University of Washington also known as just Washington, UW, or perhaps informally “U-Dub,” is a public research institution who’s largest and also first campus is in Seattle, Washington, United States Of America. Established in 1861, Washington is one of the most ancient universities on the West Coast.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $34,791
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- One letter of recommendation
- Current resume
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have ever attended or are currently attending, including the University of Washington; foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- Minimum college-level cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Completion of ninety college quarter credits of prerequisite courses by the time you begin the program, including:
- A minimum of either:
- three Natural World prerequisite courses (general chemistry, organic chemistry, microbiology, anatomy, physiology, nutrition) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, or
- four Natural World prerequisite courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8
- A minimum grade of 2.0 in ALL college-level prerequisite courses
- Minimum 100 hours of paid or volunteer health care experience in one setting within a three-month span, completed within the twelve months prior to applying
- Meet Essential Qualifications for BSN students
- If your native language is not English, proof of proficiency in English (including spoken English)
Address: Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Submit your review