- The Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing at Washburn University offers a curriculum aimed to train students as a professional nurse.
- The program is four academic years in duration; the first two years students will fulfill pre-requisite/general education requirements and are accepted to the School of Nursing Junior year. Graduates are trained to function as generalists in nursing and take on entry-level positions.
- Clinical placements for nursing students are situated throughout the Northeast region of the state. You might be asked to shuttle to at least one clinical site outside of Topeka.
- Upon successful conclusion of the program, students are qualified to sit for the National Licensing Examination (NCLEX) to be licensed as a registered nurse.
About the school
- Washburn University (abbreviated WU) is located in Topeka, Kansas, United States.
- It is a co-educational, public institution which offers undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as professional courses.
- Washburn has 550 faculty members, who educate over 6,100 undergraduate students and approximately 800 graduate students.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $32,760
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
BSN Pre-requisite Courses
|Prerequisite Courses||Credit Hours|
|Music, Theater, or Art||3|
|Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Biology with Lab||4-5|
|Anatomy with Lab||4|
|Physiology with Lab||4|
|General Chemistry with Lab||4-5|
|Microbiology with Lab||4|
|Human Growth & Development||3|
|University Graduation Requirements|
|Required Nursing Courses||Credit Hours|
|NU 306 Health Assessment and Promotion/Lab||4|
|NU 311 Fundamentals of Nursing Practice/Practicum||6|
|NU 316 Pharmacology/lab||4|
|NU 318 Professional Transformation||1|
|NU 320 Pathophysiology I||2|
|NU 322 Pharmacology I/Lab||2|
|NU 324 Pathophysiology II||2|
|NU 325 Informatics||2|
|NU 326 Pharmacology II/Lab||2|
|NU 328 Evidence Based Nursing||2|
|NU 356 Maternal, Women and Newborn Nursing/Practicum||3|
|NU 386 Nursing of Older Adults/Practicum||6|
|NU 441 Adult Medical/Surgical Integrative Seminar||1|
|NU 446 Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing/Practicum||4|
|NU 450 Leadership, Management, and Health Policy||2|
|NU 456 Adult Medical/Surgical with Practicum||7|
|NU 462 Quality and Safety in Health Care||2|
|NU 465 Clinical Prevention and Population Health/Practicum||4|
|NU 468 Pediatric Medical-Surgical Nursing/Practicum||3|
|NU 494 Capstone/Seminar||5|
Address: 1700 SW College Ave,Topeka, Kansas 66621
Submit your review