- The School of Nursing at VCU offers the following curricula in the baccalaureate training program: the traditional, the accelerated B.S.N. along with the R.N. to B.S.N. completion. Satisfactory completion of curricular requirements leads to a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Note that the applicant is liable for seeking advice from the School of Nursing on courses taken before admission.
About the school
- The Virginia Commonwealth University is a public research institution situated in Richmond, Virginia, United States.
- The Virginia Commonwealth University was established in 1838 as the medical division of Hampden–Sydney College, turning into the Medical College of Virginia in the year 1854.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,785
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Be eligible for readmission or be in good standing at the last college attended.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 based on a scale of 4.0 on all college course work. Grades lower than C in any required course, except anatomy, physiology or microbiology, are not acceptable for transfer. Grades lower than B in anatomy, physiology or microbiology are not acceptable for transfer. Anatomy, physiology and microbiology must be taken within 10 years of enrollment in the nursing program
- Provide additional information with the application according to the English language proficiency guidelines in the VCU Bulletin for applicants who are international or non-native English speakers without a degree from a U.S. high school, college or university.
- Complete the following prerequisites prior to enrollment:
- BIOL 101 & BIOZ 101 Biological Concepts and Biological Concepts Laboratory (fulfills University Core natural/physical sciences requirement) 4
- BIOL 205 Basic Human Anatomy 1 4
- BIOL 217 Principles of Nutrition 3
- PSYC 101 Play VideoPlay course video for Introduction to Psychologyn Introduction to Psychology (fulfills University Core social/behavioral sciences requirement) 4
- SOCY 101 Play VideoPlay course video for Introduction to Sociology Introduction to Sociology 3
- UNIV 111 Play VideoPlay course video for Focused Inquiry I Focused Inquiry I (fulfills University Core Tier I requirement) 3
- UNIV 112 Play VideoPlay course video for Focused Inquiry II Focused Inquiry II (fulfills University Core Tier I requirement) 3
- Approved second laboratory science in biology, chemistry or physics 2 4
Anatomy, physiology and microbiology must be completed with a minimum grade of B.
Address: 907 Floyd Ave, Richmond, VA 23284, USA
Phone: (804) 828-0100
Submit your review