- Undergraduates in the Valdosta State University, nursing training program develops critical thinking skills, gain an appreciation for varied cultural views, and also learn how to address policy disputes and also social problems associated with health care. Upon graduation, Valdosta State nursing pupils assume leadership in the fields of nursing and also health care, making an extraordinary impact on their communities and also touching people’s lives on daily basis. Pupils in the baccalaureate training program in nursing take some sequenced courses that emphasize the relationships between the concepts of holism, competence, caring, health and teaching/learning.
- The training program is endorsed by the Georgia Board of Nursing and also provides a significant measure of eligibility for the national licensing exam in nursing, which can lead to the rank of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program is made for pupils who have earned a Bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field. For acceptance, students must fulfill all of the School of Nursing admissions specifications. Once students are accepted into the accelerated BSN training program, the training program is 4-semesters. Students enlist in the accelerated BSN training program each May and also graduate the following July (roughly 15 months).
About the school
- Valdosta State University, generally known as VSU, or Valdosta State, is an American public institution and is among the four large universities in the University System of Georgia.
- Degree levels offered at Valdosta State include Associate’s, Master’s, Bachelor’s, Education Specialist, and Doctoral. The institution comprises the colleges of Arts and Sciences, Education, Business Administration, Arts, and Nursing. The Graduate School also includes the Departments of Social Work and also Library Science.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,520
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the Online Application
- Valdosta State University HESI A2 Exam Requirements
- Students must earn a 75 or higher in the following areas:
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Applicants must complete a mandatory applicant information session with the College of Nursing and Health Sciences advising staff. This applicant information session is separate from advising for course registration and is offered either online or on-campus. You may choose either option.
- Students must have five out of seven sciences completed by the application deadline with a minimum of “C”or higher. The five out of seven sciences consist of the following courses:
- BIOL 2651 (Anatomy and Physiology I)
- BIOL 2652 (Anatomy and Physiology II)
- Lab Sequence #1
- Lab Sequence #2
- MATH 2620 (Statistical Methods)
- BIOL 2900 (Microbiology in Health and Disease)
- NURS 2700 (Pathophysiology)
- BIOL 2651, BIOL 2652, PSYC 2103 and BIOL 2900 will not be accepted from Technical Colleges in Georgia.
- 2: Send your official transcript and $45 to Mrs. Cecilia Furey (1500 North Patterson Street, Valdosta, GA 31698). However, most students chose option 1 (Apply to Valdosta State University Undergraduate Admissions Office ($40 application fee). if they are not a VSU student because if you decide to enroll at VSU, you will eventually have to apply to Valdosta State University and pay the $40 application fee.
Address: 1500 N Patterson St, Valdosta, GA 31698
Submit your review