- The “Basic BSN Training Program” is an on-campus nursing training program for students who wish to become a registered nurse and also earn the Bachelor of Science in nursing degree.
- The school admits about 48 students into the nursing major each year. The Basic BSN is a 4-year on-campus Bachelor of Science option for pupils who want to become a registered nurse.
- The University of Wyoming Fay Whitney School Of Nursing boasts a “small school” environment. Learning amenities include state-of-the-art classrooms and also Clinical Simulation Centre. While classes are conducted in Laramie, clinical sites are mainly in Laramie and also Cheyenne with travel being the obligation of the pupils. The capstone practicum (NRS 498) in the spring semester of the senior year requires a student to travel to and reside in one of our Wyoming communities for clinical placement.
About the school
- The University of Wyoming is a land-grant institution situated in Laramie, Wyoming, United States, located on Wyoming’s high Laramie Plains, at the height of 7,220 ft, between the Laramie and also Snowy Range mountains. It is referred to as UW (often pronounced “U-Dub”) to individuals close to the university.
- The school was established in March 1886, 4-years before the territory was recognized as the 44th state, and unveiled in September the year 1887. The University of Wyoming is uncommon in that its location within the state is published into the state’s constitution. The institution also offers outreach education in communities all through Wyoming and online.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $25,550
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
For priority admission consideration, prospective students must apply to the University of Wyoming by December 1 prior to the fall semester they are seeking university admission. Applications received by the December 1 priority deadline will be reviewed by the School of Nursing in January. Acceptance to the University of Wyoming does not guarantee acceptance to the Basic BSN Program.
The four minimum criteria for priority admission are:
- 6 cumulative, unweighted high school grade point average (GPA)
- 23 ACT math score
- 23 ACT science score
- 27 ACT composite score
Meeting the four minimum criteria does not guarantee admittance to the Basic BSN Program as a freshman.
Address: 1000 E University Ave, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Submit your review