- The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh traditional undergraduate nursing option offers a five-semester training program as well as a year-round plan, primarily face-to-face, with some hybrid and web-based classes. Clinical rotations are guided by School of Nursing instructors in local and also regional healthcare facilities every semester.
- The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh undergraduate nursing training program prepares caring and also scholarly nurse leaders for entrance into evidence-based practice. The undergraduate syllabus builds on the foundation of the sciences, arts, and also humanities. The nursing courses combine cutting edge technology, diverse educational methodologies, and also state of the art clinical laboratories.
About the school
- The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (generally known as UW Oshkosh) is the third-largest university in Wisconsin, United States Of America. As an element of the University of Wisconsin System, UW Oshkosh offers Bachelor, Master, and also doctoral degrees in a yearly on- and off-campus enrollment of approximately 14,000.
- In the year 1871, the school opened as Oshkosh State Normal School, Wisconsin’s 3rd teacher-training school. Oshkosh was the very first state school in the USA to have a kindergarten.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $26,650
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- Sophomore standing (30 credits completed)
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on required pre-nursing courses (listed below), with no course grade less than C (C- and CD are not acceptable)
- Standardized nursing admission test with passing score at the current National program means (Total Score 65.6%) and above (cost assumed by student). See below for more information.
- Completed Criminal Background Check certifiedbackground.com (cost assumed by student). Results of criminal and campus background checks comply with standards required for clinical placement.
- Written statement demonstrating values appropriate for professional nursing
- Proof of current certificate as a nursing assistant (CNA) in any state
- Nursing GPA of 3.25 or above
- Standardized nursing admission test with passing score at the current BSN program means (Total Score 70.4%) and above (cost assumed by student).
- Work experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Activities reflecting a service orientation (i.e. community volunteer work, student athlete, etc. within the last 2 years.)
- Experience with diverse populations (i.e. age groups, disabled, ethnic groups, special needs, etc.)
These courses must be included in Nursing GPA for application
- m4 out of the 6 required science courses All science courses must include lecture and laboratory If more than 4 science courses are completed, the GPA will be calculated on the best 4 grades
- Biological Concepts Bio 105 or 230
- Anatomy Bio 211
- Physiology Bio 212 or 319
- Microbial Survey Bio 233 or 309
- Chemistry Chem 101 or 105
- Biochemistry Chem 102 or 106
- College English I WBIS 188 or ENG 101, 110, 202, 300, 310, or 312
- Growth and Development Nursing 200 or Psych 391 or Ed Foundation 377
- Psychology Psych 101, 102, 104, or 110
Address: 800 Algoma Blvd, Oshkosh, WI 54901, USA
Submit your review