- The B.S. in Nursing (BSN) training program at UW-Milwaukee will ready you to be science-based, compassionate nurse leaders via revolutionary and also quality educational programs for all specialties and also settings of practice.
- As the largest School of Nursing in the state, UW-Milwaukee partners with more than 160 clinical agencies to prepare graduates as beginning generalists in various settings. Classroom and also clinical experiences provide pupils with the skills and also knowledge needed to start a nursing career after graduation including critical thinking, advocacy, clinical leadership, and also the application of the nursing process to deliver care.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Nursing is certified via the Council of Baccalaureate and Higher Degree Programs of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) along with the State of Wisconsin Board of Nursing.
About the school
- The University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UW-Milwaukee) is a public metropolitan research university situated in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America.
- It is the largest university in the Milwaukee urban area as well as an associate of the University of Wisconsin System.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $27,136
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Begin by applying to UWM as a pre-nursing student. Students are eligible to apply to continue into the professional nursing major once all pre-requisite courses are in progress (typically the sophomore year).
- Apply to UWM at apply.wisconsin.edu. Choose “nursing” as your intended major. Submit application fee, transcripts, and test scores.
- Once your application is submitted, check your PAWS account and e-mail for admissions decisions and next steps in the enrollment process. If you haven’t already, set up a campus visit by going to visit.uwm.edu!
- New freshmen: ACT composite score of 19 or higher and one year of high school chemistry in addition to UW-Milwaukee admission standards
- Transfer students:5 GPA or higher, a grade of B or higher in any transferable science, at least 15 total credits completed or in progress. If you have fewer than 15 credits of transferable course work, then your application will be reviewed according to the new freshman admission standards.
- Second Degree students: Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
Address: Milwaukee, WI 53211, USA
Submit your review