- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing at UVa-Wise demands completion of specific general education requirements that all pupils who graduate from UVa-Wise must fulfill, and also the completion of upper division nursing major requirements.
- Students who are offered admission to the School must also be formally accepted to the nursing major.
About the school
- The University of Virginia’s College at Wise (usually referred to as UVa-Wise or just University of Virginia at Wise) is a public, 4-year, Liberal Arts College of the Institution of Virginia, United States and an associate of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges, situated in Wise, Virginia, United States.
- It was founded in the year 1954 as Clinch Valley College of the University of Virginia.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $23,350
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- BIO 1010 and BIO 1011, CHM 1005 (or other equivalent chemistry course and laboratory)
- Enrollment in Anatomy and Physiology I and II (BIO 2310 and BIO 2320)
Note regarding science courses: All transfer courses for the sciences must transfer as UVa-Wise course transfer equivalencies. Exceptions are only available from the Chair of the Nursing Department. A 2000-level Anatomy and Physiology sequence is required.
- Completion of English sequence
- Completion of, or exemption from, SEM 1010-1020
- Completion or in sequence to complete the following courses prior to entering the nursing program:
- PHI 1030
- PSY 1100
- SOC 1100
- ECO 1050 or other course to meet social sciences requirement
- MTH 1180
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for all general education requirements in the nursing major.
- Minimum science GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for Chemistry, Biology, and Anatomy and Physiology sequences.
- No grade less than a “C-” will be accepted for any general education course required for the nursing major.
- Students must complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) prior to admission with an overall minimum score of “proficient.”
Candidates may be awarded provisional acceptance following the application process. All general education and prerequisite courses must be completed prior to beginning the clinical nursing courses in the fall semester of the junior year. All general science courses must be completed by the end of spring semester of sophomore year. The student must maintain the minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 in all course work prior to beginning the junior clinical nursing courses. Science courses must be completed with a minimum GPA of 2.75 with no grade in any science course less than “C-”.
Address: 1 College Avenue Wise, VA 24293
Submit your review