- The University of Virginia admits academically motivated students into the training program leading to the degree of BS in Nursing (BSN).
- All pupils at the School of Nursing take courses in anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, growth and development, pharmacology, administration, and also nursing practice. All students carry out research independently, or even as part of teams. Graduates of the training program meet the requirements to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX). It is a 4-year training program (regular study required)
- In most case, an applicant must be in good academic and also social standing. Selection of candidates to the Nursing school is competitive, primarily based primarily on scholastic capability demonstrated by the secondary level records and also scores on the SAT and Appropriate volunteer or even work experience in a clinical setting will be taken into account and also may be a factor in the selection process.
About the school
- The University of Virginia (abbr. U.Va. or UVA), frequently known as simply as Virginia, is a public research institution and the flagship for the Commonwealth of Virginia, United States. Established in the year 1819 by Declaration of Independence author Thomas Jefferson, UVA is renowned for its historic foundations, student-run honor code, and also secret societies.
- The University of Virginia Library System carries 5 million volumes. Its Electronic Text Center, founded in 1992, has put 70,000 books online and also 350,000 images that go with them. These e-texts are available to anyone and also, as of 2002, were receiving 37,000 day-to-day visits (when compared with 6,000 day-to-day visitors to the physical libraries).
- The University of Virginia offers 48 bachelor’s degrees, 94 master’s degrees, fifty-five doctoral degrees, six educational specialist degrees, and also two first-professional degrees (Medicine and also Law) to its students.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,850
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit your application
- Send official transcripts and standardized test scores by the appropriate deadline to the Office of Undergraduate Admission, University of Virginia, PO Box 400160, Charlottesville, VA 22904, (434) 982-3200
- A copy of your high school transcript
- They require applicants to submit scores from the current version of the SAT or the ACT. The SAT Essay and ACT Writing sections are not required. SAT Subject Tests are optional. Score reports should come directly from the testing agencies. Their ETS code is 5820. Our ACT code is 4412.
- Secondary School Forms and Transcript
(official translation required of transcripts not presented in English)
- They require one counselor recommendation and one teacher evaluation for each first-year application.
Address: Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Submit your review