- The Traditional Path is an upper division completion track. It is built to meet the learning needs of the person who has finished 60 credits of general education prerequisites at the freshman and also sophomore level. Students will be accepted to this track in both fall (August) and also Spring (January) terms.
- The School of Nursing offers 2 Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Programs, the Traditional BSN Training program and also Accelerated BSN Training program.
- The Traditional BSN Training program is 24 months in duration (Fall & Spring semesters only) and is created for individuals with no prior nursing education or even experience. The Accelerated BSN Training program is 15-months in duration and also moves at a faster pace compared to the Traditional BSN training program. Furthermore, to be considered qualified for the Accelerated BSN Training program, applicants must at present hold or perhaps attain a non-nursing baccalaureate degree before the start of the nursing program.
About the school
- The University of Texas Health Science Centre at San Antonio, (also known as UT Health San Antonio) is a school of health science education and research situated in the South Texas Medical Centre, the medical district of San Antonio, Texas, United States of America.
- It is a part of the University of Texas System. The school was founded in
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $27,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Traditional and Accelerated BSN Admission Criteria
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Minimum 3.0 math/science GPA (based on required math and science courses only)
- Minimum 65 cumulative score on the new TEAS Exam. Visit ATI for more information. Please note, the examination must be taken prior to the application deadline and may only be taken once per admission cycle. Admitted students who score below 70 on the reading portion of the TEAS examination will be required to participate in a reading intervention program sponsored through the School of Nursing Student Success Center.
*BEGINNING AUGUST 2, 2016 ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO TAKE THE NEW ATI TEAS EXAMINATION.
- Complete all required math and science courses by the application deadline.
- Complete the required prerequisite courses. Applicants who do not hold a baccalaureate degree from a Texas public institution will need to complete 51 of the 60 semester hours of required prerequisite courses prior to the application deadline. For a list of required courses, click here
- Submit an application via NursingCAS, the Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs by 10:59pm on the day of the application deadline
- Submit official transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended to NursingCAS by the application deadline
- International applicants are required to submit the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores prior to the application deadline. International applicants who have attended a foreign university are also required to submit an official foreign credentialing evaluation from an approved Foreign Credentialing Service.
Address: 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Submit your review