- The BS in Nursing training program (BSN) at the University of Texas at Austin offers students a dynamic course of study that is both theoretical and also practical. The training program readies graduates to work in numerous clinical settings and also provides the needed foundation for masters and also doctoral degrees in nursing. Graduates of the BSN training program will be qualified to take the NCLEX-RN.
- BS in Nursing training program coursework emphasizes critical thinking and also clinical judgment, integration of knowledge from biological, nursing and also behavioral sciences, along with the humanities in the planning, executing, and also evaluating of nursing care, application of research studies to demonstrate evidence-based nursing practice, and also nursing leadership, and offers various hospital and also community settings for clinical experiences.
- Admittance into the BSN training program is highly competitive.
- Once accepted into the training program, BSN students are assigned by the semester in which they are enrolled. Students in the very first semester of their junior year are known as J1s, in the 2nd semester of their junior year as J2s, in the first semester of their senior year as S1s, as well as in the 2nd semester of their senior year as S2s.
About the school
- The University of Texas at Austin, known unofficially UT Austin, UT, University of Texas, or even Texas in sports contexts, is a public research institution and the flagship school of the University of Texas System.
- Established in the year 1881 as “The University of Texas,” its campus is in Austin, Texas—roughly 1 mile from the Texas State Capitol.
- The school has the nation’s seventh-largest single-campus enrollment, with more than 50,000 undergraduate and also graduate students and also over 24,000 faculties and staff.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Pay the non-refundable $75 application fee—$90 for international applicants—when you submit your ApplyTexas application.
- Along with your ApplyTexas application, submit at least two essays.
- Send us official transcript(s) documenting all coursework undertaken during your high school career. If your high school does not rank students, include a statement from your school describing its policy, a copy of your school’s profile and a GPA or grade distribution report.
- Send us official transcript(s) documenting any college credit earned while in high school (dual credit counts!).
- Ask testing agencies to send official reports of scores you earned on the SAT or ACT exams. (You must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores if you are an international applicant.)
- Freshman applicants interested in majoring in nursing should prepare by taking math and science courses each year of high school.
- All applicants must meet professional and technical standards, and be able to meet compliance requirements.
- Submit an expanded résumé offering additional information about your achievements. While this isn’t required, it’s strongly recommended
- Ask someone who knows you well to write a letter about your character and accomplishments. Letters of recommendation are appreciated but not required.
Address: Austin, TX 78712, USA
Submit your review