- The University of Texas at El Paso BS in Nursing (BSN) training program offers pupils a vigorous course of study that is both theoretical and also practical.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing four-year degree plan offers a professional nursing curriculum that provides a revolutionary integrated and also conceptual model for teaching and also learning. It is grounded in the sciences upon which increasingly more challenging and also complex nursing care concepts and also practice are developed. Each course comprises of care across the life span with growing complexity, breadth, and also depth. Critical thinking and also decision making are emphasized to provide extensive nursing care.
- Graduates of the BSN training program will be prepared to sit and take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) with the Texas Board of Nursing.
About the school
- The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) is a public research institution in El Paso, Texas, United States of America. The university was founded in the year 1914 as the State School of Mines and Metallurgy, as well as a practice mineshaft survives on the mountainous desert campus.
- Following a reorganization of the school of Texas in 1920, the institution was renamed the College of Mines and Metallurgy of the University of Texas. It turned Texas Western College of the University of Texas in 1949, as well as the University of Texas at El Paso in 1967. UTEP is a member of the University of Texas System.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $27,120
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Phase1: Gain ADMISSION to UTEP as a New Student or Transfer Student
- Competitive Cumulative GPA (Minimum of 3.00 required to apply- DO NOT apply if below minimum).
- Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted if a student is in the process of completing of Phase 1 at another institution.
- Competitive Phase 1 Pre-Professional Courses GPA (Average for accepted students: 3.77)(MATH 1320, BIOL 1305/1107, BIOL 2311/2111, BIOL 2313/2113, MICR 2330, HSCI 2302, PSYC 1301 & CHEM 1407 or CHEM 1305/1105)
- Passing overall ATI-TEAS score of 58.7% or higher
- The GPA earned in the Phase 2 Nursing Courses is the first criterion used for ranking into thePhase 3 Nursing Professional Courses.
- The Phase 2 Nursing Courses include NURS 2303, NURS 2407, NURS 2402.
Address: 500 W University Ave, El Paso, TX 79968, USA
Submit your review