- The baccalaureate training program at the University of Utah was created to mirror the mission and also the philosophy of the University and the vision, objective, goals, and also anticipated outcomes of the College of Nursing. The School of Nursing offers three paths to complete a baccalaureate degree in nursing:
- Pre-Licensure BS in Nursing with spring and also fall semester starts (for students who do not possess a nursing license). The School of Nursing offers a 16-month training program for students who wish to earn a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing degree. This program starts each Fall and Spring as well as runs for four consecutive semesters.
- Post-Licensure BS in Nursing with fall, spring, and also summer semester begins and a two-, three, or four-semester training program (for associates degree ready nurses)
- Nursing Early Assurance Training program (for high school seniors and also college freshman with less than 30 credit hours) enthusiastic about earning a BS in nursing at the University of Utah. Applicants for NEAP in any specific year are considered applicants for the accelerated training program starting 2-years after that.
About the school
- The University of Utah (generally known as the U, the U of U, or even Utah) is a public, coeducational space-grant research institution in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States Of America.
- As the state’s flagship institution, the University offers over 100 undergraduate majors and over 92 graduate degree programs.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $22,005
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Nursing Early Assurance Program
Admission to the University of Utah does not constitute acceptance into NEAP and acceptance to NEAP does not constitute admission to the University of Utah.
- Three letters of recommendation – recommendations are submitted through the online application system.
- Official high school transcripts that includes your ACT/SAT score(s).
- Official transcripts from any and all college or university when high school concurrent enrollment courses are taken.
- Applications will only be reviewed if they are complete by the deadline and meet all eligibility requirements listed on the website.
Pre-Licensure BS in Nursing
- Completion of all general education requirements prior to starting the nursing program. Contact Academic Advising Center to verify completion of courses. Current U of U students can verify completion of general education requirements via the Degree Audit Report (DARS).
- Minimum 3.0 prerequisite cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0 for all courses completed at ALL colleges/universities
- Our program is not an Accelerated BS as defined by the AACN where prior Bachelors degree is required. It is a fast-track, four consecutive program that mimics other Accelerated BS in Nursing programs.
- Prior to entering the program you must be a degree-seeking student at the University of Utah in good-standing.
Completion of all nine nursing prerequisite courses is required prior to entry into the program. All prerequisite courses must have a grade of C or better with a minimum 3.0 prerequisite cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0. The five nursing prerequisite courses marked by (*) and the corresponding labs must be complete and graded at the time of application. If these courses are not complete, your application will not be considered.
- Principles of Biology(*)
- Human Anatomy(*)1
- Human Physiology(*)1
- Elementary Chemistry(*)
- Introduction to Statistical Inference(*)
- Nutrition Intervention
- Human Growth and Development: Lifespan
- Medical Microbiology
Address: 201 Presidents Cir, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Submit your review