- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at USM will train you to function efficiently, safely and proficiently in the generalized nursing field.
- Clinical sequences will round out your classroom experience. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree educates students to provide leadership, value excellence, and foster community within the field of nursing.
- The department is administered by professional and dedicated nursing specialists that will equip you the skills necessary to succeed.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredits The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at the University of Saint Mary.
About the school
- The University of Saint Mary (USM) is located in Leavenworth, Kansas, United States.
- It is a private liberal arts university sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, who founded it as Saint Mary College.
- The university was initially a school for women but is now coeducational.
- The University offers 26 bachelor’s degree programs and six master’s degree programs, with online classes available.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $39,175
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Traditional BSN Program
- Early Decision:February 1, 2017 (decision by April 1)
- Regular Decision:March 15, 2017 (decision by May 1)
- Rolling admissions will continue after deadlines pass until seats fill.
IMPORTANT: Submit your application and all required materials to NursingCAS 4-6 weeks before the deadline to allow time for your application to become verified by the deadline you are aiming to meet.
Until your application is verified and your ATI TEAS score has been sent to the Nursing Department your application cannot be reviewed for admission.
- Prerequisite Coursework
All prerequisites must be successfully completed (grade“C” or better) by August 15, 2017.
- Biology w/lab— must contain genetics component
- Chemistry w/lab
- Microbiology w/lab
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II w/lab ORAnatomy w/lab and Physiology w/lab (8-10 credit hours)
- Intermediate Algebra— or higher level math course
- Introductory Statistics
- Introduction to Psychology ORIntroduction to Sociology
- Psychology of Childhood and Adolescence ORHuman Growth and Development — or equivalent
NOTE: All courses (prerequisite and non-prerequisite) must be worth at least 3 semester credit hours. If you have taken courses on a quarter credit system, contact the Nursing Department for further advising.
- Minimum 2.5 Cumulative GPA (calculated on a 4.0 scale)
- Minimum 2.5 Science Prerequisite GPA – Biology w/lab, Chemistry w/lab, Microbiology w/lab, Anatomy w/lab, and Physiology w/lab (calculated on a 4.0 scale)
- ATI TEAS
- Minimum ATI TEAS score of 70% – taken at USM OR ATI TEAS transcript sent to the Nursing Department.
- Only ATI TEAS scores will be accepted. TEAS V scores will NOT be accepted.
- Reference Evaluations
- Two academic and/or professional NursingCAS Reference Evaluations (college professors, direct supervisors, etc.)
- Personal references (family friends, coworkers, etc.) and high school teachers are NOT considered academic or professional references
- Personal Statement
- Personal Statement – minimum 500 words (topic in “Documents” section of NursingCAS application)
- Verified NursingCAS Application
Questions? Contact USM Nursing via [email protected] or 913-758-4386.
Admission to the Accelerated BSN Track
Is the USM Accelerated BSN right minimum GPA of 3.0 on all prior academic work.
Admission to the accelerated BSN track is highly competitive.
Terms start in June.
Admission is based on the following factors:
- Previous bachelor’s or higher degree in any major from an accredited college or university
- Submission of NursingCAS application and all other required materials. Visit the Accelerated Nursing Application Centerfor more details.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all previous course work
- Personal interview for selected eligible candidates (An interview does not guarantee admission.)
- Achievement of designated benchmark on program-specified externally prepared entrance exam (for example, Test of Essential Academic skills [TEAS])
- TOEFL score if English is not the native language and/or most recent degree is from a college or university outside the United States. Minimum scores: Writing=20, Reading=19, Speaking=20, and Listening=20.
University of Saint Mary
Address: 4100 South 4th St Leavenworth, KS 66048
Submit your review