- The BSN Traditional BSN track at UIW prepares graduates to take the licensure exam to become a Registered Nurse (RN). Nursing courses consist of clinical experiences in various settings with clients across the lifespan.
- Their new nursing education structure includes a state-of-the-art clinical learning center that provides high fidelity simulated learning experiences. UIW graduates are gainfully employed all over the world in all areas of health care including hospitals, education, community settings, research, parish ministries, government agencies as well as the military services.
- The Traditional BSN track is endorsed by the Texas Board of Nursing and also certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
About the school
- The University of the Incarnate Word (abbr. UIW) is a non-public Catholic institution whose primary campus is situated in San Antonio and Alamo Heights, Texas, United States Of America.
- Established in the year 1881 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, the university’s primary campus is situated on 154-acres.
- The institution operates an all-girls high school, Incarnate Word High School, and also a co-educational high school, St. Anthony Catholic High School. It also runs two elementary schools, St. Anthony’s and St. Peter Prince of the Apostles, via its Brainpower Connection training program.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $26,770
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completion of prerequisite coursework (see below)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in all coursework to date
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 in prerequisite science coursework (Biology, Chemistry and Nutrition courses)
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS) by Assessment Technologies Institute®, LLC
(Students who score at the Proficient Level or higher will be considered for admission.)
Fulfillment of these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. The applicant’s entire academic record is considered, and an interview may be required. Completion of prerequisite courses, health requirements and a background check is also required.
- At the time of program application, the applicant must have completed or be currently enrolled in:
- English Composition I and II (not required for second degree seeking students)
- Biological or Organic Chemistry (with lab)
- Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab
- Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab
- Microbiology with Lab
- Introduction to Psychology
- Child/Adolescent and Adult Development OR Lifespan Development
- Dimensions of Wellness (if new to UIW, may complete upon admission)
Address: 4301 Broadway St, San Antonio, TX 78209, USA