- The BS in Nursing (BSN) training program prepares students for a career as a registered professional nurse. Registered professional nurses practice in a dynamic health care community making use of an informed body of knowledge that guarantees all members of the public receive safe and also quality care.
- The BSN training program is devoted to providing accessible, top-quality nursing education to fulfill the diverse and also changing health care needs of the community. Graduates of the BSN training program are competent to apply to take the NCLEX for Registered Nurses (RN).
- The BSN training program is fully certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) along with the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses
About the school
- The University of Charleston (“UC”), initially Morris Harvey College, is a non-public certified university located in Charleston, West Virginia, United States of America. The institution also has locations in Beckley, West Virginia and also Martinsburg, West Virginia, referred to as UC-Beckley and also UC-Martinsburg, respectively.
- The school offers both undergraduate and also graduate programs. Many of the university’s programs are accessible online.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $23,570
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Students must gain full admission to the University of Charleston prior to applying for admission to the BSN Program. Contract students or students with provisional admission will not qualify for admission into the BSN program.
- Admission into the BSN Program occurs by application prior to the beginning of the sophomore course sequence. Applicants must be academically admissible or re-admissible.
- Students must be able to demonstrate the following grade point averages (GPA):
- GPA: 2.75 cumulative average;
- GPA 2.75 in nursing and health science classes;
- Must earn a “C” or higher in all courses;
- Complete and submit a Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), a nationally standardized nursing entrance exam that allows the student to demonstrate academic competence in Reading, Math, Science, and English;
- To qualify for admission for the BSN program for the 2016 – 2017 academic year, the applicant must achieve a minimum TEAS score of 62% or higher;
- Applicants may take the TEAS Exam three times in one calendar year
- Students are limited to two attempts per academic year.
Address: 2300 MacCorkle Ave SE, Charleston, WV 25304, USA
Submit your review