- Trinity’s pre-licensure BSN training program incorporates the academic structure and also clinical preparation required for a career in nursing. Their students concentrate at first on liberal arts courses in CAS that provide a structure for their chosen major in nursing. The thorough academic coursework in the nursing training program then lays the foundation for an advancing mastery of the skills, knowledge, values, ethics and also abilities needed of a professional nurse.
- Toward the conclusion of the training program, students will have enough opportunities to experience firsthand the rewards of nursing in meticulously supervised clinical settings. The pre-licensure BSN training program leads to a BSN degree with eligibility to sit and take the NCLEX to become a registered nurse (RN).
- Trinity’s B.S.N. training program is certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (C.C.N.E) as well as has conditional authorization from the District of Columbia Board of Nursing.
About the school
- The Trinity Washington University (TWU) is a Roman Catholic institution situated in Washington, D.C. across from The Catholic University of America along with the Dominican House of Studies and also under the trusteeship of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
- While it has been a university ever since September 10, 2004, Trinity Washington University’s College of Arts and Sciences undergraduate training program maintains its unique status as a liberal arts women’s college. Men are admitted into the School of Education along with the School of Professional Studies at both the undergraduate and also graduate levels.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,250
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Pre-licensure students complete the general education core curriculum in CAS as well as their pre-nursing requirements before applying for formal acceptance into the nursing program in NHP. Applying to the Pre-Licensure BSN program is a 2-step process:
- Step One: Apply to Trinity.
- Step Two: Apply to the Nursing program.
Formal acceptance into the Pre-Licensure BSN Nursing Program involves consideration of the following criteria:
- Successful completion of ALL required prerequisite nursing courses with a grade of “B-” (2.7) or higher
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0
- Science GPA of at least 2.75
- No more than one failure in a science course
- Satisfactory score on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
- Personal Essay
Address: 125 Michigan Ave NE, Washington, DC 20017, USA
Submit your review