- To be able to respond to graduate and entry-level post-licensure requirements and also trends in the nursing industry, the BSN training program will not be enrolling new pupils for November 2016 and also going forward. Their highly competitive RN to BSN will regularly welcome new students and also provide a quality education that readies graduates for an exciting new journey in nursing.
- Touro’s RN-BSN training program expands the competencies and also the expertise of the professional nurse by enhancing skills. This web-based training program is perfect for working nurses. Students can complete in one year. There are three start dates throughout the year so students can get begun swiftly.
- Training program Features: All courses are web-based, No travel requirement, the Training program can be completed in as little as one-year, Perfect for working professionals and also Competitive tuition rate.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate degree in nursing at Touro University Nevada.
About the school
- Touro University Nevada (TUN) is a non-public, non-profit institution of higher and also professional education, situated in Henderson, Nevada, United States.
- TUN is part of The Touro College and University System, which include Manhattan-based Touro College and also New York Medical College, certified by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education as well as Touro University, which includes both Touro University California and also Touro University Nevada, certified by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Touro University Nevada is an outlet campus of its sister campus Touro University California which is situated in Mare Island, California.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $21,170
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit a completed application. No application fee required.
- Reside in the following states: Nevada, Arizona, California, New York, or TX. At this time, the RN to BSN program will have limited admissions restricted to students from these specific states.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited institution with a diploma or ADN nursing degree with at least 60 transfer credit hours of course work.
- Students are required to submit official transcripts from all the institutions of higher education attended and present evidence that an RN degree has been conferred prior to acceptance into the program. Foreign transcript evaluations must be provided by a NACES approved organization.
- CPR – American Heart Association certification at the healthcare provider level, completed prior to entry into the program. Must be maintained throughout the program.
- Active, unencumbered United States RN license.
- Students can apply to the RN-BSN program prior to obtaining an active RN license. However, official admission will not be conferred until an active unencumbered RN license is submitted and verified by Touro University Nevada (TUN).
- If residing in the US the student must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- Course credits from prior work will be evaluated on an individual basis. Transfer credits from a regionally accredited institution will be accepted as pre-requisites to the RN-BSN program provided they meet TUN minimum standards for baccalaureate general education.
- If students have not taken a course in general chemistry or pathophysiology, nursing pathophysiology must be taken online at TUN during the regular program course of study and prior to enrolling in Health Assessment.
- If students have not taken Nevada and US constitution, these courses must be completed prior to graduation. This is a state-mandated requirement and the courses will be offered online through Touro University Nevada on an as needed basis.
- Be able to comply with TUN’s required Nursing Technical Standards and Good Moral Character Behavior policy which includes the physical, emotional, and mental abilities necessary to perform as a nurse.
- Background Checks – All students enrolled in the School of Nursing must pass a Level I criminal background check and drug screen. A criminal background may prevent a student from progressing in the program or receiving licensure. Any issue that would prevent the student from being eligible for Nevada State Board of Nursing practice as a Registered Nurse will result in immediate withdrawal from the School of Nursing. Students are required to update the Director of the School of Nursing of any issue that could potentially impact their ability to qualify for Nevada State Board of Nursing Licensure throughout their education.Active state licensure as a registered nurse.
Address: 874 American Pacific Dr, Henderson, NV 89014
Submit your review