- Following is a proposed 4-year degree plan. Students are persuaded to meet with their advisor each semester for help with training program decisions and also enrollment; accountable for reviewing the Training program of Study Requirements and the requirements of the Dr. F.M. Canseco School of Nursing; and also must satisfy foreign language and also writing rigorous course requirements for graduation.
- The objective of the F.M. Canseco School of Nursing is to prepare professional nurses to enhance the well-being of mixed and also diverse populations. The aim of the baccalaureate training program in the College of Nursing and Health Science, Dr. F.M. Canseco School of Nursing, is to teach baccalaureate nurses who are excellent clinicians, scholars, health advocates, mentors and also leaders who will be instrumental in addressing the health care requirements of communities. The curriculum concentrates on preparing expert clinicians to work in collaboration with communities.
- The Canseco School of Nursing offers a basic (generic) Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program with an accelerated track (BSN/RN) for the individual who is already a Registered Nurse licensed in Texas.
About the school
- Texas A&M International University, typically known as TAMIU, is a public, co-educational, state-supported institution situated in Laredo, Texas, USA.
- The institution has a modern campus on a 300-acre site in Laredo, Texas, The United States.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,220
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students are eligible for admission to clinical nursing courses when the following requirements have been met; however meeting these requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the nursing program, only consideration.
- Acceptance by Texas A&M International University and a declared nursing major.
- Completion of University Core Curriculum and BSN Additional Requirements with a grade of “C” or better and a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale*.
- Completion of required science courses (Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy and Physiology II, Chemistry, Microbiology and Pathophysiology) with a grade of “C” or better and a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale*. Coursework in the sciences must have been completed within five years of the date of admission, anything older will not be accepted. In the event a science course was taken more than once, the science grades for that course will be averaged (including any “C” or below).
- Completion of a lower level WIN course taken from either the University Core Curriculum or BSN Additional Requirements.
- At student’s expense, students must take the HESI Admission Assessment or HESI A². The test is administered by the University Testing Center in the semester before admission. Scores in the entrance exam will be considered in the admission process.
- A federal background check will be conducted by the Texas Board of Nursing (TBON). A copy of postcard sent to student by the TBON, indicating clearance, must be submitted.
- Complete application must be received by completion or in the last semester of completing both University Core Curriculum and BSN Additional Requirements.
*Minimum GPA and other requirements are subject to change. Please see the undergraduate admissions counselor before every semester for most updated information and current amendments.
Address: 5201 University Blvd, Laredo, TX 78041, USA
Submit your review