- At Southern Vermont College, you will learn by doing. You will learn by becoming involved with simulation labs and then clinical rotations in various settings, including hospitals as well as other patient settings, both large and also small in Vermont and Massachusetts. SVC’s small class sizes allow for personalized attention from committed professionals, which gets you out on the field quicker. Their Pre-Licensure BSN nursing pupils begin clinical rotations in the very first semester of their sophomore year, which you won’t find at various other programs.
- The Pre-Licensure BSN path is meant for people who wish to achieve a BSN and also upon graduation meet the criteria to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam.
- The baccalaureate equipped nurse has the skills, knowledge and also abilities necessary to provide and also coordinate care in complex and also diverse health care settings.
- Graduates of the Pre-Licensure BSN path meet the criteria to apply for licensure by exam via any State Board of Nursing. Completion of the National Council Licensing Exam (NCLEX) and also comply with all criteria for licensure as founded by the State Board of Nursing are needed for licensure as a Registered Nurse.
About the school
- Southern Vermont College is a non-public, 4-year Liberal Arts College situated on the 371-acre old Edward Everett Estate close to Bennington, Vermont in the southwestern nook of the state bordering New York and Massachusetts, United States.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $25,500
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The Division of Nursing works collaboratively with the Office of Admissions in evaluating candidates for admission. While the Office of Admissions is responsible for the admissions process, all students applying for admission to the nursing program must meet the standard College admissions requirements and the Division of Nursing requirements.
Admission Criteria for Pre-licensure BSN Track
The Pre-licensure BSN Track is designed for first-year or transfer students who seek initial nursing licensure. Admissions criteria:
- High school or transfer GPA of 2.8 or above;
- SAT scores of 530 math, 27 reading subscore;
- Completion of high school biology and chemistry courses, or the college equivalent, with a minimum grade of “C+”;
- Two years of core math is recommended.
Students who do not meet the Nursing admission criteria may be admitted to the College with an “Exploratory: Pre-Nursing” designation. These students are enrolled in courses designed to prepare them for the Nursing major by strengthening their science, reading, and math foundation. Students admitted with an Exploratory: Pre-Nursing designation must meet the following criteria to be admitted into the Pre-Licensure BSN nursing program: Successful completion of the required first year nursing prerequisite courses with grades of C or better, with the exception of science courses which must be completed with grades of C+ or better; and, a GPA of 2.8 or higher.
Address: 982 Mansion Dr, Bennington, VT 05201, USA
Submit your review