- The School of Nursing at Southeastern Louisiana University offers a four-year program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- The program includes roughly 60 hours of pre-requisites before entering clinical nursing courses. Admittance to clinical nursing courses requires tendering an application to the School of Nursing by the stated deadline and is based on a cumulative GPA on necessary pre-requisite courses.
- Besides the traditional nursing curriculum, an accelerated option is available for students who already have a bachelor’s degree.
- LPN to BSN and RN to BSN tracks are also available.
About the school
- Southeastern Louisiana University also referred to as Southeastern is located in Hammond, Louisiana, United States.
- It is a state-funded public university founded in 1925 by the principal of Hammond High School Linus A. Sims,
- It achieved university status in 1970.
- Southeastern Louisiana University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award degrees at the Master’s, Baccalaureate and Associate levels.
- It has been since accredited in 1946 by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $38,222
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students must complete all required non-nursing prerequisite courses listed in the curriculum sheet prior to entering nursing courses. Students must apply and be approved to enter the clinical component of the program. Applications are generally submitted in the semester in which a student is completing the required non-nursing courses. We accept two cohorts a year – spring and summer (classes start in May). An application for progression may be obtained from the School of Nursing and deadlines for submission are September 15th for spring admission and February 1st for May admission. A grade of “C” or better in each course is required as well as a cumulative grade point average of 3.0. ALL required pre-requisite courses must be posted on your transcript prior to the application deadline for consideration, or you must be enrolled at Southeastern in any remaining prerequisites at the time of application. ALL requests for substitutions must be made, approved, and posted to your transcript prior to the application deadline.
Accelerated Option Nursing Program
The required prerequisite (general education) courses must be completed prior to entry into the nursing courses. Since you have a prior degree, we may be able to make some substitutions of required courses (i.e. Sociology, LS, etc.) based on course work you have completed. ALL substitutions requested must be completed and posted to your transcript prior to application. You must be enrolled at Southeastern in any remaining required prerequisite courses. Application deadlines for the School of Nursing are February 1st for the May admission and September 15th for the January (spring) admission. The accelerated option allows you to complete the nursing courses in approximately 18 months to receive a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing.
First Semester Second Semester Third Semester
English 101 English 102 FCS 251
Math 161 or 151 Psychology101 English 230, or 231,232
Gen. Biology 151 Chemistry 107 Micro 223
Biology Lab 152 Zoology 250 Micro Lab 224
Sociology 101 Zoology Lab 252 Zoology 251
Library Science 102 Math 241 Zoology Lab 253
Southeastern Louisiana University
Address: Hammond, Louisiana 70402
Submit your review