- The nursing training program at SNU is endorsed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and also certified by the CCNE of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. A 4-year curriculum leading to a B. degree with a major in nursing (BS) is offered. The training program involves 56 academic hours of nursing courses and also 72 hours of general education and also prerequisite courses.
- The nursing courses include classroom, laboratory, and also clinical experiences and are scheduled over 5-semesters starting in the spring semester of that sophomore year. The Clinical experiences are provided in various hospitals and also agencies in the community. Selection for admission into the nursing training program is made at the end of the fall semester of the sophomore year. Preference is given to candidates whose preparatory work is completed at Southern Nazarene University.
- The Training program is Endorsed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
About the school
- The Southern Nazarene University is a Christian liberal arts college situated in Bethany, Oklahoma, United States of America.
- The historical past of the institution is one of the numerous mergers and also, therefore, one of the differing schools. While Southern Nazarene University claims its founding date as 1899, that founding date refers to a school that combined with what is currently SNU: Texas Holiness University. As an Oklahoman institution, SNU dates back to 1906, with the founding of the Beulah Heights Academy and also Bible School.
- The primary campus is situated in Bethany, Oklahoma. Since in the year 1990, SNU has also maintained a presence in Tulsa, providing adult and also professional programs.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Selection for admission into the nursing program is made at the end of the fall semester of the sophomore year. Preference is given to applicants whose preparatory work is completed at SNU. Applications are distributed in the Health Assessment pre-nursing course. Both a cumulative and pre-nursing GPA of 2.75 and completion of all pre-requisite courses at a ‘C’ level or higher are required for admission. A test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) score of 550 (paper and pencil), 213 (computer based), or 79/80 (internet based) is required for international students.
Address: 6729 NW 39th Expy, Bethany, OK 73008, USA
Submit your review