- The Baccalaureate Degree in a nursing training program at the Richard and Lucille Dewitt School of Nursing at SFA will allow the student numerous opportunities to excel as a nurse.
- The training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing along with the Texas Board of Nursing, which guarantees a high quality and also meets established standards. The faculty at the school of nursing will direct your educational experience by individualized attention, intimate small classroom sizes, and also 80% of the faculty are presently practicing
- The various clinical experiences there will enrich your educational and also provide you with a taste of each nursing area.
- Their objective is to provide students with a foundation for success as graduate nurses who are ethical, qualified, critical thinkers by providing an educational environment that promotes holistic health care in an educational community committed to teaching, research, creativity and also service
About the school
- Stephen F. Austin State University is a public institution situated in Nacogdoches, Texas, United States Of America. Established as a teachers’ school in the year 1923, the school was named after one of Texas’s founders, Stephen F. Austin.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,820
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
A class of 60-80 students will be admitted each fall and spring semester based on completion of prerequisite course work and admission criteria. The number of students admitted each semester may vary due to Board of Nursing (BON) requirements of student-to-instructor ratios and available applicant pool. Admission is competitive and is based on the student’s overall GPA, science GPA, and scores received on the admission test. At the present time, the DeWitt School of Nursing (SON) is using the TEAS V Admission Test.
- Must have a science GPA of 2.75 or above. This GPA is calculated using the student’s grades in Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Microbiology, Chemistry and Pathophysiology. If any of these courses were repeated, the grades will be averaged to determine the science GPA;
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or above for all prerequisite courses completed;
- Must be admitted to Stephen F. Austin State University;
- Must complete or be in the process of completing all prerequisite courses;
- Must obtain competitive scores on the TEAS V test
Address: 1936 North St, Nacogdoches, TX 75962, USA
Submit your review