The Seminole State College Nursing Training program is endorsed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing (OBN). Graduates of this state-approved training program meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for registered nurse (NCLEX- RN).
The Seminole State College Nursing Training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
Seminole State College- SSC (initially Seminole Junior College) is a state-supported community college in Seminole, Oklahoma, United States. The institution was established as Seminole Junior College in the year 1931 and also was renamed Seminole State College in the year 1996.
The campus is in Seminole, Oklahoma, USA; at the junction of Highway 9 W and U.S. Route 270.
Total estimated program cost is USD $18,429.40
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Minimum Admission Standards In order to be considered a candidate for admission to the Seminole State College Nursing Associate in Applied Sciences (Registered Nurse) Program, students must satisfy at least one of two minimum admission standards pathways (a or b) below. However, students with 12 or more college credit hours applicable to the nursing degree may only use their college GPA (option a) to satisfy minimum admission standards.
- College GPA of 2.50 in twelve or more credit hours applicable to the nursing degree. (All courses applicable to nursing degree for which a grade was transcripted must be included in GPA calculation.) or
- Applicants with eleven credit hours or less applicable to the nursing degree must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.00 or greater and a composite ACT score of 19 taken within the past five years.
- Admission to the Nursing Program is limited to assure quality clinical learning experiences for students. In order to ensure objective fairness and equal access to the nursing program admission, a point system is used to rank candidates for admission. The points available for that purpose are as follows:
- Minimum Admission Standards Points (25 pts. Minimum)- 40 pts. Maximum
- Composition and Science Course Grade Achievement Points- 40 pts. Maximum
- College Algebra and Chemistry Preference Points- 70 pts. Maximum
- Math and Reading ACT Subscore Points- 36 pts. Maximum
- Relevant Work Experience Points- 14 pts. Maximum
Seminole State College
Address: 2701 Boren Blvd, Seminole, OK 74868
Phone: (405) 382-9950
Submit your review