- The School of Nursing Bachelor’s training program at Seattle University prepares students for nursing careers by educating students to look beyond symptoms to observe the whole patient- mind, body and also spirit.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing prepares students for the professional licensing exam, the NCLEX-RN. Development of high critical thinking and also communication skills is emphasized together with preparation for future leadership positions. Graduates progress to work in hospitals, long-term care facilities, psychiatric settings, rehabilitation centers, community agencies, home health care companies and more.
- As part of a Jesuit Catholic school, the School of Nursing emphasizes the care of individuals and This involves caring for patients and also communities as well as caring for pupils and their futures. Students learn in varied settings, working with individuals of all ages, races and also incomes, making a difference while refining their skills.
About the school
- Seattle University (abbr. SU) is a Jesuit Catholic school in the northwestern United States of America, located in the First Hill neighborhood of Seattle, WA, United States.
- Seattle University is the largest independent university in the Northwest United States, with more than 7,500 students enlisted in undergraduate and also graduate programs within eight schools, and is one amongst 28 associate institutions of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
- In the year 1891, Adrian Sweere, S.J., took over a small parish close to downtown Seattle at Broadway and Madison. Initially, the institution was named after the encircling Immaculate Conception church and also did not offer higher education. In 2009, SU finished its largest capital campaign, raising roughly $169 million.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,120
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Students must first earn a GPA minimum cumulative of 2.75 and a GPA minimum of 3.0 in nursing pre-requisite courses to begin major
- Successful candidates complete the following minimal program in high school (each unit is equivalent to one academic year of study):
- English: 4 units
- Mathematics (college preparatory): 3 units Note: Nursing applicants must complete three years of college preparatory mathematics to be viable candidates
- Social studies: 3 units
- Laboratory science: 2 units Note: Nursing applicants must complete a full year each of laboratory biology and laboratory chemistry
- Foreign language: 2 units
- Additional academic units from above disciplines: 2 units/
Address: 901 12th Avenue Seattle, WA 98122
Submit your review