- The Division of Nursing as an important part of Rockford University holds a vision and also a philosophy that is consistent with the objective and beliefs of the Institution. The goal of the Rockford University baccalaureate nursing training program is to prepare registered professional nurses in providing high-quality nursing care to persons, families, groups, and also communities, within a global society. The graduate will obtain the knowledge, competencies, and also values required for professional nursing practice by incorporating liberal education and also professional nursing education.
- Rockford University Division of Nursing is endorsed by the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. The nursing training program is certified by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
About the school
- Rockford University is a non-public American liberal arts college in Rockford, Illinois, United States. It was established in the year 1847 as Rockford Female Seminary and also modified its name to Rockford College in 1892, and to Rockford University in the year 2013.
- Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $22,500
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to Rockford University does not guarantee admission to the nursing program. In order to be successful as a Rockford University nursing student, the Nursing Department has established minimum entrance requirements prior to enrolling in courses with the intent of pursuing a major in nursing. These include:
- A cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.75, at the time of application. For transfer students, a CGPA will be determined from course work accepted in transfer, which must be a minimum of 2.75 for consideration.
- Minimum natural science CGPA of 2.50 in required support courses for the major.
- Demonstrate completion of one of three required natural science support courses (anatomy & physiology, inorganic chemistry, microbiology) prior to application to the major with a minimum cumulative science GPA of 2.7, or two sciences completed with a GPA of 2.5. Rockford University traditionally only offers Microbiology in the spring semester. Fall entry must have all three natural science courses complete.
- Maintain up-to-date clinical requirements, including immunization and CPR certification (Mandatory Student Immunization & Clinical Compliance Documentation to Lang Health).
- Complete an application to Rockford University and be accepted for admission
- Natural science courses older than five years, at the time of application, will not be considered as meeting the support course requirement for the Nursing Major.
- Submit application to the Nursing Program prior to January 31 of their senior year
- Submit proof of ACT composite score of at least 23.
- Submit high school transcript showing comp letion of the following courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- English (4 semesters)
- Math (2 semesters including Algebra)
Address: 5050 E State St, Rockford, IL 61108
Submit your review