- The RU Bachelor’s On-site – As a leader in nursing education, the Radford University College of Nursing provides students with the chance to succeed in a field where the demand grows stronger each year. The training program prepares professional nurses who can function in various settings.
- This program is endorsed by the Virginia Board of Nursing as well as has full licensing by CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education). Graduates meet the requirements to sit and take the NCLEX-RN exam in the state of their choice.
- The training program in nursing is demanding both academically and also physically. Students accepted to the upper division must fulfill the ethical and technical standards of professional nursing, health records, criminal background checks and also urine drug testing are required. Average Time to complete the program is 2-years. This is a full-time training program.
- The Radford University College of Nursing is the largest undergraduate day training program at the Roanoke Higher Education Centre and the only in-residence site training program for Radford University.
About the school
- The Radford University College of Nursing, Roanoke site, is situated at the Roanoke Higher Education Centre in the city of Roanoke, Va., the United States approximately 50 miles east of the main Radford University campus.
- The Roanoke Higher Education Centre, which has been hailed as a model for education in the new millennium, offers approximately 200 programs of study via the Center’s partner organizations.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $22,709
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to the University
- Admission to the nursing school
- students must have a cummulative GPA of 2.80 or above on a 4.00 scale to be considered for admission to the nursing major. Only applicants with a Cummulative or combined GPA of 2.80 or above will be considered in the admission pool for upper division.
- Students who have earned 24 or more credit hours at Radford University, that GPA will be used for the admission. Students who have less than 24 hours at Radford University, the GPA will be calculated on all course work from all college(s) attended.
- Students offered admission to the nursing majot fall semester, must earn a grade of “C” or above on pre-requisites courses taken during the spring semester. If student earns a grade of “C-” or below on prerequisites courses during the spring semester, the offer of admission can be revoked bt the school of nursing.
- Students who enter Radford University as Full-time freshmen with a declared pre-nursing major who have earned a cummulative GPA of 3.50 on a minimum of 24 semester hours credit at Radford University, who have achieved a KNAT overall score of 65 or greater and have no prior history ( either while a student atb Radford University or prior to enrollment) of violations involving honor code, conduct, will receive a priority admits status at the end second semester of enrollment.
Address: 108 North Jefferson Street, Roanoke, Virginia 24016
Phone: (540) 767-6161
Submit your review