- The undergraduate training program in nursing at Radford University leads to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The major builds upon a large general education foundation in liberal arts, basic and also applied sciences, as well as behavioral and social sciences.
- The training program prepares professional nurses who can function in various settings. The training program is endorsed by the Virginia Board of Nursing and also has full licensing by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Graduates meet the requirements to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam in the state of their preference after graduation.
About the school
- The Radford University is a co-educational public institution situated in Radford, Virginia, United States. It is among the state’s eight doctorate-granting public universities.
- Established in 1910, Radford offers curricula for undergraduates in over 100 fields, graduate programs including the M.F.A., M.S., M.B.A., M.A., Ed.., Psy.D, M.S.W., and also specialized doctoral programs in health-related professions. The institution began in 1910.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,110
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Applicants must be admitted to Radford University prior to admission to the upper division major.
- School of nursing application: Submit school of nursing application for fall admission tot the Radford Campus by November 15 deadline or for Spring admission to the Roanoke Campus by August 1 deadline.
- Students who enter Radford University as freshmen and declare nursing as a major are considered pre-nursing students. Students who entered as full-time freshmen with a declared pre-nursing major and have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a minimum of 24 semester hours of credit at Radford University and who have no honor code violations will receive a priority admission status to upper division School of Nursing at the end of the second semester of the enrollment, contingent upon maintaining a 3.5 GPA, having no honor code or substance abuse infractions, and completion of the following prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or above:
- CHEM 102. General Chemistry OR
- CHEM 103. General Chemistry OR
- CHEM 120. Living Systems
- PSYC 230. Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- SOCY 110. Introduction to Sociology
- FDSN 214. Introduction to Nutrition
- STAT 200. Introduction to Statistics
- BIOL 322. Anatomy and Physiology
- BIOL 334. Microbiology
- NURS 321. Pathophysiology
- Prespective Nursing students must take the Kaplan Nursing Admissions Exam (KNAT)
- Students must apply for admission to the upper division nursing major. All students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above to apply to the upper division nursing major. However, the actual GPA required for admission may be significantly higher. Admission is competitive, with admission granted on a space available basis.
Address: E Main St, Radford, VA 24141, USA
Submit your review