- Pacific Lutheran University purposefully combines professional studies with the liberal arts for an extensive education to successfully prepare pupils for “lives of considerate inquiry, service, leadership and also care.”
- The Traditional BSN training program is a 3-year training program (after the finishing of prerequisite courses) created for students with no prior preparation in nursing. Under the direct guidance of its faculty members, the School of Nursing makes use of the facilities of large hospitals, health organizations and also long-term care facilities in the community to provide best clinical learning experiences for students.
- Graduates are honored the B.S in nursing BSN) degree and are qualified to sit and take the NCLEX examination for licensure as RN in Washington state. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Bachelor of Science in nursing practice training program.
About the school
- Pacific Lutheran University (PLU), established by Norwegian Lutheran pioneers in 1890, is a non-public university offering liberal arts and professional school programs situated in Parkland, a suburb of Tacoma, Washington, United States of America.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $27,330
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
PLU provides a special admission process for application to the School of Nursing. It gives a select number of full-time, first-year students conditional admission to the BSN program. This admission process is competitive, and seeks to admit students with strong college preparatory coursework and test scores.
The First-Year Undergraduate Application serves as both the application for admission to PLU and to the School of Nursing.
To be considered for conditional acceptance, students must indicate “Nursing” as their intended major on the undergraduate application for admission. Students are also encouraged to use the essay portion of their application as an opportunity to address their interest in the Nursing profession.
Students offered conditional admission and who meet the following academic requirements will be granted guaranteed admission to the School of Nursing beginning either in the fall or spring of their second year:
- Students are required to complete all pre-nursing coursework during their first year at PLU.
- Students are required to earn a B grade or higher in all PLU coursework (including pre-nursing coursework).
- Students seeking conditional acceptance must submit all admission application materials by January 15.
Address: 12180 Park Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98447, USA
Submit your review